Exam and revision help Watch

FluffyUnicorn18
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m going into year 11 and I got stressed last year as I focused my attention on only one subject for the first 6 weeks, so then I found I didn’t have enough time to revise the other exam. How long before an exam should I start revising? And any other revision tips would be appreciated. Thank you

taurus_queen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Start doing heavy revision during or just before the Easter holidays. Before that make sure you understand the content.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by taurus_queen; 2 weeks ago
miarobertson_6
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by FluffyUnicorn18)
I’m going into year 11 and I got stressed last year as I focused my attention on only one subject for the first 6 weeks, so then I found I didn’t have enough time to revise the other exam. How long before an exam should I start revising? And any other revision tips would be appreciated. Thank you
I agree with ‘taurus_queen’ about when to start revising. That’s what I did for both my GCSEs and A-Levels and it worked.
I would add that you should alternate the subjects you revise so that you don’t accidentally revise one more than the other. What I found good was splitting my day into four chunks. In the morning I’d do biology then I’d do Psychology then I’d go back to biology.... this meant I knew each subject the same amount and it gave my brain time to soak up what I had learnt. (“Sometimes a change is better than an rest” 😉)

As to how I would actually revise;

I’d read the revision guide,

write out notes using my class work and the guide (drawing loads of diagrams in colour and putting them on my bedroom walls),

then I’d make flash cards on the tricky stuff,

teach my family about what I’ve been revising that day to reinforce it

and finally do ALL the past papers available and then look at ALL the answers not just the required ones 😊

GOOD LUCK 🍀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (119)
14.25%
Excited (83)
9.94%
Worried (155)
18.56%
Terrified (191)
22.87%
Meh (56)
6.71%
Confused (24)
2.87%