The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Engineering at the University of Leicester

Hi guys, so basically I study BTEC level 3 Mechanical Engineering and I'm at the stage where I start to choose my 5 universities and so far the best and most appropriate university was Leicester, the requirements are DDD however in my first year I was only able to get PPP due to the college having a change in teachers with the modules changing half way through the year, so my predicted grades are going to be PPP do you think I would still be able to get a conditional offer. Because I know that in year 2 I will be able to achieve DDD since I spoke to the teachers and they are willing to give maximum support and of course me giving it my best.
Thank you very much for reading this message
Reply 1
Original post by Michael_Gha
Hi guys, so basically I study BTEC level 3 Mechanical Engineering and I'm at the stage where I start to choose my 5 universities and so far the best and most appropriate university was Leicester, the requirements are DDD however in my first year I was only able to get PPP due to the college having a change in teachers with the modules changing half way through the year, so my predicted grades are going to be PPP do you think I would still be able to get a conditional offer. Because I know that in year 2 I will be able to achieve DDD since I spoke to the teachers and they are willing to give maximum support and of course me giving it my best.

I would think it's unlikely for Leicester to give you an offer. Have you considered looking at a foundation year? Possibly repeating the year and getting higher grades in Year 1 so you can apply for direct entry Y1?

I wish you the best of luck regardless.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Michael_Gha

Hi there,

It is great to hear that you would like to study with us at Leicester.

You can contact admissions by email on [email protected] or call +44 (0)116 252 5281. They will be able to answer any questions you have and talk through your options.

Best of luck!

- Melissa :smile:

Quick Reply