The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York St John University HELP

So basically, I’ve got an unconditional offer into York St John University to do Sports Therapy 2019/20 for 3 years. I also have a conditional offer from Northumbria University in Newcastle and awaiting my results. I just don’t know which to go too. I love the clubs and pubs scene and going out etc, it’s a big part of why I’m going to university. I’ve been to Newcastle and York and there both very good days/nights out but just don’t know which one too choose. I understand Newcastle is a much better night out than York but I feel like I’d go a bit off the rails if I went to Northumbria. Also, living costs are more expensive at York. Not to sound superficial here either, but what’s the boys to girl ratio at York st Johns as I’m swayed towards studying there instead of Newcastle. I’m a very social person and would love to know what the social side is like and which accommodation is best for this.Please help thank you
Reply 1
Hey, you're posting in the wrong forum. You're more likely to get a reply if you post in the York St John forum.
University of York
York
I was in this situation myself (and I'm from the North East) and chose YSJ. It's true Northumbria has a brilliant nightlife but so does York, I was actually surprised by how much York has going on. There's 365 bars in York (not a challenge to do 1 a day!) and various club nights as well (Kuda is a personal fav). York also has all the festivals and markets which are free to go to so there is always something going on. YSJ was the most sociable university I visited so I recommend coming to an open day if you can - I think you'll get a good feel for what they offer. The choice is up to you but, although night life is important, I maybe wouldn't base my decision on this alone. See what else the universities offer before you make a decision! Best of luck wherever you go!
Reply 3
Hiya mate cheers for the reply, yeah I’m just hoping it’s an actual good university. I’ve seen that it’s low In the ranking (not basing my decision from that cos I know it’s a load of bull) but just hoping it’s good. Think I’ve made up my mind
Cheers buddy.

Quick Reply

Latest