The Student Room Group

Deferral?

Hi, I was accepted for student finance for tuition fees starting for a course starting in September 2019, but I’m now enquiring with the university about the possibility of deferral so I could start instead in January 2020 as the course also starts then. What would I need to change with Student Finance England so the payment could be scheduled for January 2020 instead of September 2019?

Also, it says when I login on to the student finance England page that the ‘status’ is ‘PAYMENTS SCHEDULED’ and that my application has been approved, but it says further down the page that you will be contacted by ‘post once your application has been approved’, but I haven’t received anything in the post from Student Finance England, although there is an online letter confirming my approval on the website. Should I have received a letter in the post? What should I do??
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by moon4
Hi, I was accepted for student finance for tuition fees starting for a course starting in September 2019, but I’m now enquiring with the university about the possibility of deferral so I could start instead in January 2020 as the course also starts then. What would I need to change with Student Finance England so the payment could be scheduled for January 2020 instead of September 2019?

Also, it says when I login on to the student finance England page that the ‘status’ is ‘PAYMENTS SCHEDULED’ and that my application has been approved, but it says further down the page that you will be contacted by ‘post once your application has been approved’, but I haven’t received anything in the post from Student Finance England, although there is an online letter confirming my approval on the website. Should I have received a letter in the post? What should I do??

Hello,

The letter can take 8 to 10 days to arrive in the post, but as long as you can print it or have access to the letter online the original isn't necessary.

The easiest way to make this change is from your online account - http://ow.ly/sh2830oBbfT.

At the bottom of your application you will see 'Change your application' allowing various changes to be made.

If you are unable to make changes online, you will be prompted to a Change of Circumstances Form (CO1) or alternatively you can ask your University to send an Electronic Change of Circumstances.

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending