Stressing about meeting up with friends. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So it’s the summer holidays and as I’m 17 im going into my last year of sixth form. Most people are meeting up with their friends regularly and my friends are deciding to have a camping sleepover at one of their houses. Sounds fun? Nope.
It’s not that it doesn’t sound fun, I want to see my friends and have a nice time but I then start stressing about every tiny thing.
For example: when I need to get there and leave, how to sort that out with my mum (she’s kinda strict and I’m pretty sure she’s busy at one of the times), what we are gonna do for nearly 24 hours (because I ask the times and they said roughly 11:00 am to 11:00 am), the fact that I don’t want to drink, the fact that I’ll probably eat way too much junk food, I’ll get no sleep, how much money I will need to take for food or activities... and on it goes.
I just don’t get why this sort of thing should be keeping me awake at night?! I want to go but when my mind starts running through these questions I feel like I can’t and that it’s too much, (which makes the other side of my mind say ‘that’s ridiculous; your not organising the sleepover!’
Can anyone offer me any advice because this has been going on for too long. Also, (scared to ask this) but is this sort of thing anxiety?
Thanks for reading.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So it’s the summer holidays and as I’m 17 im going into my last year of sixth form. Most people are meeting up with their friends regularly and my friends are deciding to have a camping sleepover at one of their houses. Sounds fun? Nope.
It’s not that it doesn’t sound fun, I want to see my friends and have a nice time but I then start stressing about every tiny thing.
For example: when I need to get there and leave, how to sort that out with my mum (she’s kinda strict and I’m pretty sure she’s busy at one of the times), what we are gonna do for nearly 24 hours (because I ask the times and they said roughly 11:00 am to 11:00 am), the fact that I don’t want to drink, the fact that I’ll probably eat way too much junk food, I’ll get no sleep, how much money I will need to take for food or activities... and on it goes.
I just don’t get why this sort of thing should be keeping me awake at night?! I want to go but when my mind starts running through these questions I feel like I can’t and that it’s too much, (which makes the other side of my mind say ‘that’s ridiculous; your not organising the sleepover!’
Can anyone offer me any advice because this has been going on for too long. Also, (scared to ask this) but is this sort of thing anxiety?
Thanks for reading.
I wouldn't call it anxiety. You're feeling anxious and you're over-thinking a scenario. People tend to throw around the word anxiety a lot. Everybody has anxiety because everyone experiences feeling anxious, but only a small number of people have it severe enough to be diagnosed with the condition.

A lot of these things you're worrying about can be solved simply just by asking questions. Ask your friends and mum about these things and you'll get the answers you're worrying about.

As for not drinking, no need to stress over that. If you don't want to drink, then don't. You will still have fun.

If you don't want to fill up on junk food, then have self-control and regulate how much you eat. Bring your own healthy snacks if you'd rather.

Some nights you just don't get sleep, this is fine. You can get an early night the next night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%