Car Insurance Watch

gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so I'm getting a car but I go to uni in September and won't be taking it with me so I'll just be using it in holidays and weekends. Is there a way I can insure it only when I'm using it so like temporary insurance?
Random_Student
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don’t think there is but try searching it up. Most insurance companies that I looked into insure the car for the whole year and don’t really take into account that you may not use if for the whole year.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are certainly companies that offer temporary insurance but are bound to be more expensive than taking out insurance for a whole year
Luksrai
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unfortunately I believe if you have a car, it is illegal for it to be uninsured (unless declared off the road to the DVLA), whether it's being driven or not.
Soteria3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
Okay so I'm getting a car but I go to uni in September and won't be taking it with me so I'll just be using it in holidays and weekends. Is there a way I can insure it only when I'm using it so like temporary insurance?
Yes there is by miles insurance which you can try. It costs you the number of miles you drive.
You shoud check it out once
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise