seriously wtf? Watch

CAI
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
went out drinking with an old work mate. Ended up at some random house party.
Spoke to a few girls but the ones that had a genuine conversation with me seemed to be in a relationship.

Danced a bit to some electronic stuff but was completely blanked...

guys what the hell do you say to women when u dont even know their name? What random crap do you actually come out with that seems to work because im bloody clueless...
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Introduce yourself and ask their names.
The Bishman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Drug them, and hope they dont remember?!

I have never had this situation.
cuddy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
maybe you should sleep on this? I find that thinking over crap nights out the morning after is quite helpful.
x_Electrify
Report 11 years ago
Don't speak to them with the view of getting anything - if you can speak to girls who are in relationships, you can speak to others in the same way surely?
Just introduce yourself and then the convo tends to flow...
DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've always found the best way to start speaking to girls is to ask them questions; for e.g. I was out on Friday night and asked girls I wanted to chat to how much it was to get into the beer tent (it was a festival in our town). That led on to 'what time are you heading over?' 'have you been before?' 'do you mind if I sit down?'

I wasn't planning on 'getting' anything, I just enjoy speaking to new people and if that leads to one thing or another, all the better.
Dadeyemi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
me: I have a magic watch that can tell me things, and it's telling me you not wearing any underwear
her: but I am wearing underwear
me: Oh I forgot to say my watch is 15 minutes fast.

the rest is obvious really :hubba:
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
would help if you named the thread title a bit better. seriously wtf? :P
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I once ended up in bed with a girl by talking about green tea...FACT!

I don't recommend it, I think there was something else to it, but just talk like you would normally you know, nerves are the only thing that blank your mind.
cpearson
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah don't start talking to girls with the though of it leading to something. Just ask casual questions.
dealbreaker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Actions speak louder than words...

Hot moves, girl, I'm gonna get a drink do you want one, er, [she says NAME]. Nice to meet you [NAME].
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yea but don't be like a machine gun an keep asking question all the time, it annoys everyone, male or female...Nobody likes too many questions...
SuicideCommando
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dadeyemi)
me: I have a magic watch that can tell me things, and it's telling me you not wearing any underwear
her: but I am wearing underwear
me: Oh I forgot to say my watch is 15 minutes fast.

the rest is obvious really :hubba:
LOLOLOL!!!!!
DannyBoy123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
Yea but don't be like a machine gun an keep asking question all the time, it annoys everyone, male or female...Nobody likes too many questions...
Agreed, but they are useful 'in.'

Did you go to the Folk Festival in the end?
CAI
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Was just another weird night. As I said spoke to 3 girls for a good while. Then there boyfriends turn up O_o The girls that were very clearly single I just completely struggled with.
nugax
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Just start a random conversation about the environment you're in (e.g. 'Whoah, the lights are so bright in here!') and treat them as friendly strangers. Once you stop looking at yourself as if you're trying to score and know that all you're trying to do is be friendly to a new person it might make things easier.

The whole 'I really like you'-thing is best saved for later in the evening. :p:
tis_me_lord
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nugax)
Just start a random conversation about the environment you're in (e.g. 'Whoah, the lights are so bright in here!') and treat them as friendly strangers. Once you stop looking at yourself as if you're trying to score and know that all you're trying to do is be friendly to a new person it might make things easier.

The whole 'I really like you'-thing is best saved for later in the evening. :p:
If someone came upto me saying "woooooooah the lights are bright" I'd just assume they were on drugs!
nugax
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by tis_me_lord)
If someone came upto me saying "woooooooah the lights are bright" I'd just assume they were on drugs!
Good point. :p: OP, don't say that.

By the way, I'm loving your sig. :cool:
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sit in the corner and drink yourself into a stupor. Then launch yourself lewdly at the first girl you see.
tis_me_lord
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nugax)
Good point. :p: OP, don't say that.

By the way, I'm loving your sig. :cool:
Yeah, I've had Holland as my second team behind England for years and years. I was nicknamed Ronald De Boer. :cool:

Are you Dutch? If so, that's awesome - it's totally the best country in the world. I so wish I was Dutch!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads