The Student Room Group

Where does Taylor Branch reference journalism in 'Parting the Waters'?

For my history NEA our theme is the Civil Rights Movement. I have chosen to focus on media for mine and was recommended a few books by historians with really good opinions on the matter. However, Taylor Branch's 'Parting the Waters' is absolutely massive and I'm struggling to find any relevant parts on journalism (despite my teacher saying he's a historian i should really focus on). Has anyone read it and can point me to where abouts I can find it?
Original post by caitlind181
For my history NEA our theme is the Civil Rights Movement. I have chosen to focus on media for mine and was recommended a few books by historians with really good opinions on the matter. However, Taylor Branch's 'Parting the Waters' is absolutely massive and I'm struggling to find any relevant parts on journalism (despite my teacher saying he's a historian i should really focus on). Has anyone read it and can point me to where abouts I can find it?

Nothing useful in the index?
Original post by ageshallnot
Nothing useful in the index?

All the chapter titles are incredibly vague like a fiction book unfortunately. Might have to resort to briefly scanning the whole book.
All the chapter titles are incredibly vague like a fiction book unfortunately. Might have to resort to briefly scanning the whole book.

And the index?
And the index?

I'll double check but I believe the book only has authors notes and citations at the end, couldn't see an index.
I'll double check but I believe the book only has authors notes and citations at the end, couldn't see an index.

Any joy?
Any joy?

There was an index. Right in between the notes and citations. *facepalm* Thanks for the help :colondollar:
There was an index. Right in between the notes and citations. *facepalm* Thanks for the help :colondollar:

I thought there would be! 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending