svinothas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am quite confused about taking a gap year and on how it works?
I am planning to do my biology and maths A level exams next year in 2020, and I would like to do my chemistry A level exam the year after in 2021? However, I am not sure if I would get all my results on the same sheet in 2021 or if I do get it on separate sheets could I apply for university courses?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by svinothas)
Hi, I am quite confused about taking a gap year and on how it works?
I am planning to do my biology and maths A level exams next year in 2020, and I would like to do my chemistry A level exam the year after in 2021? However, I am not sure if I would get all my results on the same sheet in 2021 or if I do get it on separate sheets could I apply for university courses?
You get the results in August of the year you take them (assuming we are talking UK).
In your case August 2020 for Bio and Maths.
August 2021 for Chem.
They would be different sheets.

You would in most cases need 3 A levels to apply, so you would realistically be looking at applying from Sept 2020 for Sept 2021 with 2 known results and 1 predicted.

On your UCAS application you just put the details down which shows you sat the A levels in different years.

If you are home study then dont forget you need practical endorsement and they are expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (340)
55.74%
I don't have everything I need (270)
44.26%

Watched Threads