The Student Room Group

how should i start revising for my gcses 2020

thank uuu
Make flashcards, mindmaps, notes
It’s easier if they have colour but u don’t HAVE to and can just highlight

If u just make notes and flash cards now and mindmaps then that’s fine coz it will help SO much coming gcse period !
Wat r u studying?
I finished yr 11
Reply 3
im doing triple science rs history french
Reply 4
Original post by Sannah 21
Wat r u studying?
I finished yr 11

im doing triple science rs french and history
Original post by Ycchhi
im doing triple science rs french and history

Oh kl
Yh just do wat I told u
U’ll be fine!
Use SENECA LEARNING!!! Sooo helpful and really easy way to learn lots of ur just laazzyyy but u can make flash cards from them
Practise exam questions is really important
Lol I rarely or didn’t even do them but u have to 😄
Especially with RS and history they’ve got lots of writing! I haven’t done those subjects but all my friends have and they’ve told me that experience
For those subjects Yh just practise answering those long mark questions and u can just even plan it out first in bullet points of wat ur gonna say and then maybe few days later u can start ur actual essay (obvs of the topics u already done in yr 10) but u can do this technique throughout yr 11 and get ur teacher to help and mark!

Use this technique along with wat I mentioned
Teachers and parents (idk bout urs) but they really stress on revising and Yh but just revise in ur own time and wen u say u don’t know a lot
Reply 7
I’m starting Year 11 and also doing tripple science, RS, French and history. I think I need to get key notes for history written because I doubt I’ll have time next year given how much content there is! And will also be going over KS3/KS2 French vocabulary that has completely left my mind but appears frequently in the reading paper!
Original post by epicnm
I’m starting Year 11 and also doing tripple science, RS, French and history. I think I need to get key notes for history written because I doubt I’ll have time next year given how much content there is! And will also be going over KS3/KS2 French vocabulary that has completely left my mind but appears frequently in the reading paper!

Hey! U should make a vocabulary list for French or maybe at skl they gave u a vocabulary book but u can write useful words that will help u in every test and also phrases (high grades phrases u can get from the internet)
Our teacher who was like the BEST taught us to divide a page or u can use a double page and divide in to boxes with the headings QACNOTTI so one box qualifiers, one box adjectives, one box connectives, one box negatives (like I hate) , one box opinions, one box tenses (I will say etc.) , one box time phrases (like tomorrow) and then the last box u put French idioms and that will get u a higher mark

On ur wall or u can just have a conjugation table/chart so that helps with ur writing exam so u can conjugate any verb
Watch French films or vids or listen to French music!

Ok u can do flashcards now for history or RS and mindmaps but the exam questions for now just write bullet points unless u wanna write the whole answer
But write bullet points of the key ideas ur gonna say then show it to ur teacher
But Yh u need the key points written first

Use SENECA, MEMRISE and DUOLINGO, QUIZLET, BBC BITESIZE, ur textbook, internet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending