Listening to music while revising Watch

Sophieboo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I know people say this is a big no no but it makes me productive. Do you listen to music while revising?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yup - that or I watch a tv series or some debate on youtube.
Interea
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Only when I'm struggling to motivate myself and just need to plod through repetitive tasks (i.e. organising notes so I can summarise them later, making Quizlet sets). I really can't focus well with background noise so it's only if I'm super bored and won't get the tasks done otherwise.

Oh I just remembered the exception - at GCSE I was doing French and Spanish, so would listen to music in the respective languages to help my brain switch between them when I needed to revise both in quick succession.
Last edited by Interea; 2 weeks ago
IyadAKK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I listen to music while revising anything that's not maths. If I listen to music while revising maths I find it hard to calculate stuff in my head lol, that's just me though. You do you...
diancie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IyadAKK)
I listen to music while revising anything that's not maths. If I listen to music while revising maths I find it hard to calculate stuff in my head lol, that's just me though. You do you...
wow i'm the complete opposite. i can't revise biology w/ music because i have to comprehend and understand it and the music is a distraction, but i can with maths because i somehow don't get distracted when i solve problems xD
LostLioness
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When it comes to revision, please never make the mistake of becoming obsessed with how others revise. Yes, we can learn from other's methods but - as cliché as it sounds - what works for another will not necessarily work for you. With the warning out of the way, yes I used music for my humanities and not for sciences (A-levels).
GreenCub
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I listen to quite high-energy music when I revise maths/chemistry/physics (so not the instrumental 'study' music) and I don't have any problem with it, but if I'm writing something I can't concentrate on it at all when there's music with words playing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.02%
Excited (76)
9.6%
Worried (151)
19.07%
Terrified (183)
23.11%
Meh (51)
6.44%
Confused (22)
2.78%