Climate protesters block main road in Birmingham Watch

Prussianxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Is that why renewable source electricity energy generation in the UK has gone from about 10% in 2010 to about 40% now, while fossil fuel use in generation has fallen from 60% to 40%? :rolleyes:

Protesting and disrupting in a country that is actually doing rather a lot is risible.
Do those numbers look like 100% to you?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
Do those numbers look like 100% to you?
What part do you maintain nuclear generation plays in a comparison between fossil fuel and renewable use?
Last edited by Good bloke; 1 week ago
SlS66
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But none of that is combating climate change. It's just slowing it down and not even by much. No real effort into clean energy sources. I do agree that knife crime is a serious issue that needs to be tackled but at least the government recognises it as an issue. They don't with climate change and many more people will die from climate change related issues than knife crime in the near future.
I think that the damage has already been done with regards to climate change. Whatever progress is made, it will be slow. I think the majority of people are generally aware of the issues and support clean initiatives . Just thinking back to the 90's ozone layer coverage, coverage does change attitudes. However, protests are aimed at governments who are engaging with the debate. Of have more respect for protesters if they concentrated on calling out those responsible for the biggest emissions. In the U.K we have more pressing issues to deal with. Who knows what will happen with knife crime?
Prussianxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
What part do you maintain nuclear generation plays in a comparison between fossil fuel and renewable use?
It's better than fossil fuels but renewable sources are better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's better than fossil fuels but renewable sources are better
You now, I trust, understand why those numbers do not add up to 100%?
username4750714
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DR.DOOM)
More people are dying to knife crime in London than climate change in the UK. Why aren't these people protesting about knife crime?
Really? That's like asking why nobody's focusing on the common cold instead of wasting their time curing cancer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (170)
12.84%
Excited (114)
8.61%
Worried (245)
18.5%
Terrified (304)
22.96%
Meh (107)
8.08%
Confused (33)
2.49%