The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

failed first year BBD in a level want to go to loughborough

basically I failed first year uni due to extenuating circumstances and want to transfer to loughborough. I saw that loughborough has clearing options available for my course which require 104 ucas points which is exactly what I have from my a level grades. Do I have a chance of getting in
Reply 1
Yeah if you have the required ucas points I don’t see why not and a good personal statement
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Liyahx3
Yeah if you have the required ucas points I don’t see why not and a good personal statement

their entry requirements are ABB though and I got BBD so I was just really confused on how to even apply
Reply 3
Email their admissions team and tell them you have the required points needed as well as have already studied the subject and you want to transfer?
Reply 4
Original post by Liyahx3
Email their admissions team and tell them you have the required points needed as well as have already studied the subject and you want to transfer?

thank you do you think they're less likely to accept me because I failed first year at a diff uni
Reply 5
nope I knew a few people that transferred after failing and it wasn’t a problem for them they didn’t even have extenuating circumstances and you do so it should be fine but I would email them ASAP before places get filled up
Original post by Anonymous
basically I failed first year uni due to extenuating circumstances and want to transfer to loughborough. I saw that loughborough has clearing options available for my course which require 104 ucas points which is exactly what I have from my a level grades. Do I have a chance of getting in

Not sure about your grades but I think it's well worth you applying? I missed my grades the first time around and I resat my exams and got into Loughborough University which was my dream. Just finished first year. If you've got the hard-working, committed mindset to do well and get to where you want to be, you should be fine.
Hi

We've just checked this with admissions and unfortunately because you've failed your first at another university, we won't be able to consider you through clearing.

If you'd like to get more information on this, I would advice getting in touch with our admissions office at [email protected].

All the best
Tendo
Reply 8
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi

We've just checked this with admissions and unfortunately because you've failed your first at another university, we won't be able to consider you through clearing.

If you'd like to get more information on this, I would advice getting in touch with our admissions office at [email protected].

All the best
Tendo

I had extenuating circumstances and medical evidence to prove it will that make any difference?

Quick Reply

Latest