vix.xvi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
so during exercise, your body respires anaerobically. the word equation for it is glucose-->lactic acid. So no carbon dioxide is made? I don't get that because when you breathe out surely you're breathing out carbon dioxide or something? Like you can't just be breathing out air. I hope that made sense! thanks
Ogh123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry I mixed them up
Last edited by Ogh123; 7 months ago
username4746572
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey so you don't get carbon dioxide as a product in anerobic respiration because there are no oxygen molucoles reacting to produce the carbon dioxide..
Remember carbon dioxide consists of carbon atoms and oxygen atoms . There are no oxygen atoms so you can get carbon dioxide
Hope that makes sense ???
Last edited by username4746572; 7 months ago
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Surely you aren't just respiring anaerobically though? There is some oxygen for aerobic respiration (producing the CO2), the anaerobic respiration just produces more energy than can be produced with the oxygen you have.

Not sure though, been a while since I crammed GCSE biology!
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
Hey so you don't get carbon dioxide as a product in anerobic respiration because there are no oxygen molucoles reacting to produce the carbon dioxide..
Ohhhh that makes sense. But like, what are you actually breathing OUT then? Surely then you don't even need to breathe? lol sorry if this question is really odd I just don't get it
Ogh123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Humans mainly do aerobic respiration. Humans only do anaerobic respiration when exercising when there is not enough oxygen getting into your lungs.
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Surely you aren't just respiring anaerobically though? There is some oxygen for aerobic respiration (producing the CO2), the anaerobic respiration just produces more energy than can be produced with the oxygen you have.
oh yeah, maybe that is how it works!
username4746572
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
Ohhhh that makes sense. But like, what are you actually breathing OUT then? Surely then you don't even need to breathe? lol sorry if this question is really odd I just don't get it
Lol it's ok . When you an doing anerobic respiraton during expertise you still breath as your body is still trying to get oxygen in to break down the lactive acid that's building up on your muscles
I think that's how it works . Its a bit technical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%
Not sure (0)
0%

Watched Threads