End of year 12 advice Watch

Alexzzh45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I got B - CS, E - physics , U - maths in my as levels, I'm thinking of enrolling onto a btec level 3 extended diploma with a local college and self studying Computer science and physics, and paying to sit the a level exams myself after one year of the college course. This is in hopes of then applying to university (if I did well in my a level tests) with the 2 a-levels and an extended certificate (which I hope I get after doing one year of the diploma at college). If I didnt do well in my a level tests then I would finish the college course. Is this wise? My main goal is to do architecture at university. And also how would self taking Computer science work when there is coursework involved?

Thank you in advance.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alexzzh45)
So I got B - CS, E - physics , U - maths in my as levels, I'm thinking of enrolling onto a btec level 3 extended diploma with a local college and self studying Computer science and physics, and paying to sit the a level exams myself after one year of the college course. This is in hopes of then applying to university (if I did well in my a level tests) with the 2 a-levels and an extended certificate (which I hope I get after doing one year of the diploma at college). If I didnt do well in my a level tests then I would finish the college course. Is this wise? My main goal is to do architecture at university. And also how would self taking Computer science work when there is coursework involved?

Thank you in advance.
This seems familiar? Have you posted before about your results?
Are you in the UK?
Do you understand why you got BEU?
Does this mean you intend to leave school?
What have your teachers said?

Which exam board are you doing?
Have you submitted and passed the NEA and the practical endorsement?

Your plan doesnt sound realistic. It all sounds a bit messy.

1. You need to check you can do CS self taught.
For AQA it suggests not.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/student-and-p...as-and-a-level

2.For Physics you need to have passed the endorsement otherwise you will be paying yourself and that would be £800-£1400.

3. You are clear, but I think you are getting qualifications mixed up. An extended diploma half way through isnt a certificate it will be either a diploma or a 90 credit diploma. You need to check.

Other options.
Carry on and improve.
Resit year 12.
Architecture with foundation year.
Straight btec extended diploma.

Check the entrance requirements for the target courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (139)
13.46%
Excited (94)
9.1%
Worried (194)
18.78%
Terrified (235)
22.75%
Meh (80)
7.74%
Confused (29)
2.81%