Ideas for Biology? Watch

laura10203
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just FYI, I'm about to start sixth year.
I love all three sciences and maths, and I was planning on applying for Theoretical Physics as university. Unfortunately, my exam results were not good enough to do that.

Highers (AS in England, I think):
Chemistry B
Physics B
Human Biology A
English A
Maths A

I was going to do advanced higher maths, chemistry and physics but have now switched physics to biology.
I have no idea what field to go into or what to study.
Does anyone have suggestions. I still love physics and maths, my favourite part was always astronomy so, if there was anyway to keep that, it'd be great but right now I'm happy for any ideas.

Also, because I never considered biology as a route, I have no work experience or anything relating to it all. Any advice on how to get into university with basically nothing and what to put into the personal statement?

In case, anyone is thinking a B isn't too bad - of my 5 options, only Glasgow and Dundee teach MPhys and would consider me with a B.

Sorry for the long post but I have no idea what to do.
Thank you.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you still love physics, then I'm not sure that switching to biology because you got a better grade is the way forward. There are definitely unis that will take you onto a physics/astrophysics course with your current results, especially if you're willing to look at unis in England.

Personally, I'd be thinking really hard about whether you do actually want to switch physics to biology if physics is the subject that you love. If you're willing to work hard, you could also improve your physics grade next year.

Don't make any firm decisions now, and think things over before you go back to school!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%