?
Report 5 months ago
what about vacation in France?
ABCBAA
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you're looking for a sample GCSE essay on holidays, this is one I wrote a few weeks ago. My teacher gave me 31-32/32 for it. Please tell me if it's helpful!

Name:  French vacances 1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  263.1 KB
Name:  French vacances 2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  265.2 KB
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ABCBAA)
If you're looking for a sample GCSE essay on holidays, this is one I wrote a few weeks ago. My teacher gave me 31-32/32 for it. Please tell me if it's helpful!

Wow, your handwriting looks so nice
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Wow, your handwriting looks so nice
I don't mean to be rude but are you being sarcastic? :lol:
SlightlySummer
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
I don't mean to be rude but are you being sarcastic? :lol:
No I'm not lol, it's not exactly neat but it looks aesthetically pleasing at the same time, if you get what I mean haha
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I know that you weren't the one asking for help but I just wanted to tell you (if you don't mind) to be a little careful with your writing in exams, especially for foreign languages. Even if your spelling etc is perfect, if the examiner can't read your writing then you may not get the mark for it. I remember in school getting marked down so many times for mocks etc because the examiner couldn't read my writing. Once I started writing without joining up my letters, my marks literally shot up because I wasn't losing marks due to illegible writing.

There's also this psychological aspect to marking called an 'impression mark'. Basically, when someone firsts sees your exam, they'll have an impression of it - it's bound to be more positive if your writing is extremely easy to read. Of course, examiners aren't allowed to mark you based on your writing, but their impression of you could be much more positive if you're making their job easier. :fluffy:

Even during university, I've always made sure to write extremely neatly without joining up my letters. I've lost too many marks in school for no reason than the examiner being unable to read my answers. :mob:
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No I'm not lol, it's not exactly neat but it looks aesthetically pleasing at the same time, if you get what I mean haha
:lol: I get you. It reminds me of written letters from the Victorian era that you might find in museums.
ABCBAA
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, thanks for your replies - yes this is something loads of people tell me - when I did this in the real exam I didn't write in italics - it was much more legible! Looking back on it now, I completely agree - it's not the neatest, but I just loved that handwriting at the time...

I'd don't think it's shockingly bad though, right...? (Please tell me I'm right... )
Last edited by ABCBAA; 5 months ago
SlightlySummer
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
:lol: I get you. It reminds me of written letters from the Victorian era that you might find in museums.
Yes, exactly

Hi, thanks for your replies - yes this is something loads of people tell me - when I did this in the real exam I didn't write in italics - it was much more legible! Looking back on it now, I completely agree - it's not the neatest, but I just loved that handwriting at the time...

I'd don't think it's shockingly bad though, right...? (Please tell me I'm right... )
It's not bad at all, it's so elegant. At least it's legible. Btw, was this a 32 marker for GCSE?
ABCBAA
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes, exactly

It's not bad at all, it's so elegant. At least it's legible. Btw, was this a 32 marker for GCSE?
Yes, this was an example of a question 2 for the AQA GCSE French exam my teacher gave me to do as homework.
JMcGarry00
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The only thing I'd recommend is to use the subjunctive
arsem
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

it's so adorable, reading this as a French person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (8)
32%
I really love the subject (10)
40%