Dancing Queen, Young and Sweet, Only Year 14 Watch

emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there! :wavey: My name is Emily, I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm going to be a Year 14 (Year 13 for you lovely English and Welsh folk) student this September. :zomg: Quite daunting to say that actually, but after nearly 15 years of being in the education system, I think it's time to move on. I just find it insane that once again, I am one of the oldest in the school, but instead of getting ready to move to my next school, I'm getting ready to go into the university/working world. Crazy. Maybe I'll have a clue as to what I'm going to be doing by June...

ABOUT ME:
Spoiler:
Show

I don't really do anything that stands out from the crowds, but at the same time I'm not exactly "the norm". I guess the fact that I don't 'go out' and drink makes me kinda stick out from everyone, but I still 'hang out' with friends. I'm pretty sure something that's not 'normal' is my frequent daytrips with grandparents, as I regularly see my peers daytrippin' with each other instead. Only time will tell though.

I currently have school as my highest priority, and I have allowed it to dwarf over everything, but I still give myself space for my hobbies and other interests for 'breaks'.

I strive for equality, and I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community. You'll most likely see me at rallys and at marches in support of our cause. Hopefully we do get full equal marriage status by October 22... :crossedf:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Drag (performing, seeing shows, interacting online)
  • Charity fundraising (through school, Children in Need, my dad's shop and packing sessions with The Homeless Period in Belfast)
  • Crying
  • Concerts (I've been to countless over my years and I can't wait to be old enough to attend my local ones!:woo:)

I must admit I used to play ukulele and tin whistle but medical reasons dwarfed over that.
  • :headbang:Music-wise, my taste ranges from Cher to Green Day to Tini to Sabrina Carpenter.
  • My current top 5 out of my favourite artists are Cher, Green Day, All Time Low, Panic! At The Disco and Tini.
  • I still regularly listen to Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles, Horrible Histories, Mika, Monét X Change and Sabrina Carpenter.

MY CURRENT SUBJECTS:
Spoiler:
Show

I am currently studying 2 A Levels and 1 Level 3 equivalent in my school's sixth form. Pros of staying at school include getting out early on Fridays, having free study periods and getting slightly longer summers and midterm breaks! :cheers:(rare footage of my peers)
  • CCEA History A Level (AS Grade: D)
  • WJEC Media Studies A Level (AS Grade: B)
  • OCR Cambridge ICT Level 3 (Year 1 Grade: Dis.)

ICT is a Level 3 due to the fact that a lot of the stuff in the A Level needs prior knowledge, and due to the system change and the year group I fell into, we missed out on learning essential knowledge at GCSE. I work at Distinction level, meaning if I do well at the end of Year 2, I will essentially have an A under my belt. :thrasher:

MY GCSE RESULTS:
Spoiler:
Show

I must admit, I missed about 3 months of Year 12 (Year 11 for you Englishies and Welshies) due to illness, appointments and general laziness. My results were affected by me missing class, but it still played out well and I got past the majority of my predictions.

Double Award Applied ICT [CCEA] - BB
French [CCEA] - B
Single Award Science [CCEA] - B
English Language [CCEA] - B
Learning For Life and Work [CCEA] - B
History [CCEA] - C
Maths [CCEA] - C
English Literature [CCEA] - D (I missed out on a C by ONE mark. Remarking had little to no success so I just went with it. :unimpressed:)
Religious Studies [CCEA] - F (I missed the second exam because I literally could not stand up without collapsing. I phoned the nurse and she told me to miss the exam and she'd contact the school and my mama to sort it.)

OTHER MISC. CRAP:
Spoiler:
Show

My desk this year is actually tidy! I have an M&S mini basket holding my sticky notes, mini notebook, fineliners, flashcards and Perry the Platypus. I also have one of those 'hanging' shelves with a big back and a 'wide' sort of shelf.

There's significantly less people going to be in my year group this year. So, less disruptive students hopefully, but the drop in numbers may make my classes a little more fast-paced. :unsure:

Link to my old blog:

Well, I guess that's all for now! I'll be retagging people from my old blog and will happily add more people who are wanting tagged! <3

Ciao for now,
Emily. :ciao:
Last edited by emilynxlan; 2 months ago
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
TAGS (tell me if you want removed x)

CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Wishing you all the best in your academic studies for the upcoming academic year. Year 14 (Year 13 in England and Wales) is a tricky year and you may go through a roller-coaster of emotions but try to be well organised, stay strong and you should be fine on the other side.

- JT
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Wishing you all the best in your academic studies for the upcoming academic year. Year 14 (Year 13 in England and Wales) is a tricky year and you may go through a roller-coaster of emotions but try to be well organised, stay strong and you should be fine on the other side.

- JT
Thank you!! :heart:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:woo: keep me tagged please!
Best of luck :hugs:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Love the title :heart: :jive:

Keep me tagged :hugs:

And best of luck you got this :rave:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
:woo: keep me tagged please!
Best of luck :hugs:
Thank you!!! :woo:
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
Love the title :heart: :jive:

Keep me tagged :hugs:

And best of luck you got this :rave:
Hehe it was inspired by the fact that I've had the Dancing Queen album on a lot as I'm playing 3 Cher albums a day up unti I go see her.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Thank you!!! :woo:

Hehe it was inspired by the fact that I've had the Dancing Queen album on a lot as I'm playing 3 Cher albums a day up unti I go see her.
:laugh: that my friends is inspiration. Ooooh lucky hope you have a lovely time :hugs:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
:laugh: that my friends is inspiration. Ooooh lucky hope you have a lovely time :hugs:
You should've seen the mess I was in when my dad got the presale tickets :bird: before I proceeded to skip an entire class to help an English teacher get tickets :rofl:
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You should've seen the mess I was in when my dad got the presale tickets :bird: before I proceeded to skip an entire class to help an English teacher get tickets :rofl:
:eek: really oh wow
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
:eek: really oh wow
If my dad couldn't get presale the principal was letting me skip class and get them during the normal sale. I am officially trash for Cher.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If my dad couldn't get presale the principal was letting me skip class and get them during the normal sale. I am officially trash for Cher.
:rofl:
username4745258
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The title just intrigued me. And then your first post intrigued me even more... :cookie:

Could I be tagged please? This sounds amazing, wish you the best of luck! :dance:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
:rofl:
Thank u Mrs B for believing (in life after love) in me :jive:

(Original post by Roses & Dreams)
The title just intrigued me. And then your first post intrigued me even more... :cookie:

Could I be tagged please? This sounds amazing, wish you the best of luck! :dance:
Totally - and thank you!
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank u Mrs B for believing (in life after love) in me :jive:

Totally - and thank you!
Shout out to Mrs B :headbang:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Shout out to Mrs B :headbang:
:headbang:
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ahhh yay! Good luck with Year 14, Emily!

Keep me on le taggo list! :lol: :heart:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Ahhh yay! Good luck with Year 14, Emily!

Keep me on le taggo list! :lol: :heart:
Ahh thank u!! Keeping u on it boo <3
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Best of luck with Year 14! :rave:
Keep me tagged!
iLoveEU
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there! :wavey: My name is Emily, I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm going to be a Year 14 (Year 13 for you lovely English and Welsh folk) student this September. :zomg: Quite daunting to say that actually, but after nearly 15 years of being in the education system, I think it's time to move on. I just find it insane that once again, I am one of the oldest in the school, but instead of getting ready to move to my next school, I'm getting ready to go into the university/working world. Crazy. Maybe I'll have a clue as to what I'm going to be doing by June...

ABOUT ME:
Spoiler:
Show

I don't really do anything that stands out from the crowds, but at the same time I'm not exactly "the norm". I guess the fact that I don't 'go out' and drink makes me kinda stick out from everyone, but I still 'hang out' with friends. I'm pretty sure something that's not 'normal' is my frequent daytrips with grandparents, as I regularly see my peers daytrippin' with each other instead. Only time will tell though.

I currently have school as my highest priority, and I have allowed it to dwarf over everything, but I still give myself space for my hobbies and other interests for 'breaks'.

I strive for equality, and I am a member of the LGBTQ+ community. You'll most likely see me at rallys and at marches in support of our cause. Hopefully we do get full equal marriage status by October 22... :crossedf:

HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
Spoiler:
Show
  • Drag (performing, seeing shows, interacting online)
  • Charity fundraising (through school, Children in Need, my dad's shop and packing sessions with The Homeless Period in Belfast)
  • Crying
  • Concerts (I've been to countless over my years and I can't wait to be old enough to attend my local ones!:woo:)

I must admit I used to play ukulele and tin whistle but medical reasons dwarfed over that.
  • :headbang:Music-wise, my taste ranges from Cher to Green Day to Tini to Sabrina Carpenter.
  • My current top 5 out of my favourite artists are Cher, Green Day, All Time Low, Panic! At The Disco and Tini.
  • I still regularly listen to Paramore, Twenty One Pilots, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles, Horrible Histories, Mika, Monét X Change and Sabrina Carpenter.

MY CURRENT SUBJECTS:
Spoiler:
Show

I am currently studying 2 A Levels and 1 Level 3 equivalent in my school's sixth form. Pros of staying at school include getting out early on Fridays, having free study periods and getting slightly longer summers and midterm breaks! :cheers:(rare footage of my peers)
  • CCEA History A Level (AS Grade: )
  • WJEC Media Studies A Level (AS Grade: )
  • OCR Cambridge ICT Level 3 (Year 1 Grade: )

ICT is a Level 3 due to the fact that a lot of the stuff in the A Level needs prior knowledge, and due to the system change and the year group I fell into, we missed out on learning essential knowledge at GCSE. I work at Distinction level, meaning if I do well at the end of Year 2, I will essentially have an A under my belt. :thrasher:

MY GCSE RESULTS:
Spoiler:
Show

I must admit, I missed about 3 months of Year 12 (Year 11 for you Englishies and Welshies) due to illness, appointments and general laziness. My results were affected by me missing class, but it still played out well and I got past the majority of my predictions.

Double Award Applied ICT [CCEA] - BB
French [CCEA] - B
Single Award Science [CCEA] - B
English Language [CCEA] - B
Learning For Life and Work [CCEA] - B
History [CCEA] - C
Maths [CCEA] - C
English Literature [CCEA] - D (I missed out on a C by ONE mark. Remarking had little to no success so I just went with it. :unimpressed:)
Religious Studies [CCEA] - F (I missed the second exam because I literally could not stand up without collapsing. I phoned the nurse and she told me to miss the exam and she'd contact the school and my mama to sort it.)

OTHER MISC. CRAP:
Spoiler:
Show

My desk this year is actually tidy! I have an M&S mini basket holding my sticky notes, mini notebook, fineliners, flashcards and Perry the Platypus. I also have one of those 'hanging' shelves with a big back and a 'wide' sort of shelf.

There's significantly less people going to be in my year group this year. So, less disruptive students hopefully, but the drop in numbers may make my classes a little more fast-paced. :unsure:

Link to my old blog:

Well, I guess that's all for now! I'll be retagging people from my old blog and will happily add more people who are wanting tagged! <3

Ciao for now,
Emily. :ciao:
What's your favourite P!ATD song?

Also, good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads