Lying is the Most Fun
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago

:afraid:ONE WEEK TO GOOOOOOOO:afraid:
to hell, to hell, to hell

To be fair, I'm not even that scared or excited, :bebored: I'm just not in the mood to leave my house and collect results with my friend. I can get them online from 7am, which I am going to use, but I'm going out with a friend after so we can go buy supplies for the upcoming school year (well in my case I'm just buying more washi tape to add to my basket of washi tapes, my friend's buying the stationery) so I have something to look forward to!:rave:

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 20.18.06.png
Views: 78
Size:  83.0 KB
just looking at this is daunting

Anyway, what am I up to today? :smile: Well, I'm working on a few formatting ideas for this very blog :tea:, how often I want to update it and if I want to include any 'new features'. I'm also going to be working on filling in my "planner" to make it better adapted for school, including the layout and adding a few titles here and there. I made a mosaic on the first page and I'm going to add a 'year 14 2019-2020' title to it at some point but I'm working on designs in a scrapbook I have. I'll have to post a photo whenever I'm finished it! :woo:

I leave with my first QOTD - Do you have a studygram? I recently started a new one under the @studyingbrina name. It's a mix of a fan page and a study page, and hopefully I'll remember to post this time :bird:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
Taggies (tell me if you want added or removed)

nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ooh, washi tape :gah: Please do share pictures when you get it :yes:
qotd - I used to have one, made it over 2 years ago now, but it never worked out. I would spend ages scrolling through insta looking at people's posts instead so in the end, I just deleted it :dontknow:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by emilynxlan)

To be fair, I'm not even that scared or excited, :bebored: I'm just not in the mood to leave my house and collect results with my friend. I can get them online from 7am, which I am going to use, but I'm going out with a friend after so we can go buy supplies for the upcoming school year (well in my case I'm just buying more washi tape to add to my basket of washi tapes, my friend's buying the stationery) so I have something to look forward to!:rave:

Anyway, what am I up to today? :smile: Well, I'm working on a few formatting ideas for this very blog :tea:, how often I want to update it and if I want to include any 'new features'. I'm also going to be working on filling in my "planner" to make it better adapted for school, including the layout and adding a few titles here and there. I made a mosaic on the first page and I'm going to add a 'year 14 2019-2020' title to it at some point but I'm working on designs in a scrapbook I have. I'll have to post a photo whenever I'm finished it! :woo:

I leave with my first QOTD - Do you have a studygram? I recently started a new one under the @studyingbrina name. It's a mix of a fan page and a study page, and hopefully I'll remember to post this time :bird:
It's also one week exactly to go for me and I'm waiting for my A-Level results in England. It's sad that I can't access my results online unlike with SQA and CCEA so I'm defo going to find out grades after I found out if I've actually got into university or not via UCAS Track. I'm still really anxious and nervous and had just finished saving Clearing numbers to my phone for universities I'm interested in.

I'll defo check out your study page on Instagram. I might end up making one myself but we'll see.
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Ooh, washi tape :gah: Please do share pictures when you get it :yes:
qotd - I used to have one, made it over 2 years ago now, but it never worked out. I would spend ages scrolling through insta looking at people's posts instead so in the end, I just deleted it :dontknow:
Whenever I'm on my iPad later I'll share a photo of my washi tape basket
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Whenever I'm on my iPad later I'll share a photo of my washi tape basket
Looking forward to it :excited:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
It's also one week exactly to go for me and I'm waiting for my A-Level results in England. It's sad that I can't access my results online unlike with SQA and CCEA so I'm defo going to find out grades after I found out if I've actually got into university or not via UCAS Track. I'm still really anxious and nervous and had just finished saving Clearing numbers to my phone for universities I'm interested in.

I'll defo check out your study page on Instagram. I might end up making one myself but we'll see.
CCEA are clever with having online results but so many of my peers have lost their pincodes that I feel it could've been handled a bit better
Best of luck for your UCAS though!!
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
CCEA are clever with having online results but so many of my peers have lost their pincodes that I feel it could've been handled a bit better
Best of luck for your UCAS though!!
Thank you and best of luck to you too.
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Thank you and best of luck to you too.
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
good luck!!
i'm too lazy to have a studygram
keep me on the tag list
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
good luck!!
i'm too lazy to have a studygram
keep me on the tag list
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Love the title 😍😂
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
Love the title 😍😂
Why thank you!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Never have had a studygram, but will check out yours!
:hugs:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Never have had a studygram, but will check out yours!
:hugs:
Why thank you
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Good luck with your results tomorrow - you've got this!
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Good luck with your results tomorrow - you've got this!
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Thank you both!! :woo:
emilynxlan
Rep:
?
ats us nai
Well the results are in and, drum roll please...

Spoiler:
Show
History - D (Getting this remarked and if the mark doesn't change too much I just repeat Germany no problem.)
Media Studies - B (can't wait for my classmates to find out I 'only' got a B when I 'was gonna get full marks'. What I pulled down on is the first question which is the multimedia question due to my inability to distinguish between a lot of pastel shades lol)
ICT - Distinction (A)

I'm proud of myself :woo: , but I haven't slept due to a cold and also terrible phlegm problems .

I spoke with the principal, my old form teacher, the maths teacher that let us crash in his room at lunch, the vice principal, my junior school history teacher and a bunch of my peers. The prinicpal was taking photos and posting them on Twitter but I just couldn't avoid getting one because she was virtually everywhere. :banghead:

Yeah that's it really. Nothing too major, just a quick update, and a cold. :blush:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (176)
67.18%
No (86)
32.82%

Watched Threads