This discussion is closed.
cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically with the risks involved would you say it's worth it?

I do love graffiti art and I used to do it alot when I was younger. Now I have grown up I have acquired a lot of creativity. I would like to use my creative skills to express my artwork and political views in the form of graffiti.

Forget stupid tagging or even lettering. I am talking about real pieces of graffiti art. I don't want money, so doing it legally is pointless.

It's the getting caught part that scares me a bit because I have herd about people who get caught go to prison. I don't plan on getting caught but its always possible.

Does anyone do it, or know anyone who does?

There are some amazing artists on Dirty Handz 3 and they do it so quickly.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Grafitti, imo, is a great way to express yourself and is accepted in some places as an art form, but sadly, in other parts it's considered vandalism.If you get caught there can be hefty fines, court cases and ever prison.
I understand you don't want to do it legally because that takes the principles out of it and you're not after money - but I think that's the only way you're not going to risk getting caught... however 'un-fun' it is to be given permission, it's probably the safest.
There's always the local council, if all else fails, go to them and ask if they want anything decorating lol (:
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Girl♥RadioHeart)

There's always the local council, if all else fails, go to them and ask if they want anything decorating lol (:
Ha Ha! You made me laugh there.

I doubt I am even at a level where I can do anything spectacular. Last night I purchased 100 cans of MTN Montana sprays to practice with (in my back garden on boards). Also got myself a nice respirator.

The fines I could deal with, but prison I couldn't. Saying that there are people who have been doing it 20 years and never been caught.
Girl♥RadioHeart
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
HaHa! Glad I could make you laugh - I didn't think that was a viable option :P
Sounds good! I know! Banksy is my ultimate favourite! There's a massive one of his in Liverpool and everytime I see it I think it's amazing how someone can be so ... subtle but make such a huge statement! (: Hope you work it out!!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by cascadingstylez)
Basically with the risks involved would you say it's worth it?

I do love graffiti art and I used to do it alot when I was younger. Now I have grown up I have acquired a lot of creativity. I would like to use my creative skills to express my artwork and political views in the form of graffiti.

Forget stupid tagging or even lettering. I am talking about real pieces of graffiti art. I don't want money, so doing it legally is pointless.

It's the getting caught part that scares me a bit because I have herd about people who get caught go to prison. I don't plan on getting caught but its always possible.

Does anyone do it, or know anyone who does?

There are some amazing artists on Dirty Handz 3 and they do it so quickly.
You got any DVDs on graffiti like Thek?
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
You got any DVDs on graffiti like Thek?
I have the Dirty Handz 1, 2 and 3. I heard there are a few more now though. I am looking on the internet for a few to purchase.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like graffiti art, but I just searched dirty handz 3 on youtube and saw a sample where they were painting on the trains. I can't see the point in that, it'll will just cost the government money to clean it off, which they will do. I think it looks good on derelict redbrick buildings, but that's just me.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adampolar)
I like graffiti art, but I just searched dirty handz 3 on youtube and saw a sample where they were painting on the trains. I can't see the point in that, it'll will just cost the government money to clean it off, which they will do. I think it looks good on derelict redbrick buildings, but that's just me.
If you are trying to put up a political piece aimed to attract attention and basically take the piss out of the government I think its worth it. Apart from that I agree its stupid.

I don't like lettering anyway. People do it way to much and only some of them knock me back.

I don't believe in destroying property for the sake of it. An old wall, bridge or on the trackside is good. The trackside seems to be a graffiti artists canvas. There is some amazing stuff on the London lines.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you are trying to put up a political piece aimed to attract attention and basically take the piss out of the government I think its worth it.
True actually, Like this.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adampolar)
True actually, Like this.
Thats just pure vandalism. But it does get the point across.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thats just pure vandalism. But it does get the point across.
I think it is acceptable if getting such a point across.
Square
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Frankly if I saw someone like Banksy spray painting on my wall, I'd run out wielding a golf club. Its vandalism, end of.

If someone gives you permission to graffiti their wall then be my guest, otherwise it's just petty crime. imo.
cascadingstylez
Rep:
?
Tats Cru are inspirational.

If i'm putting up pieces and murals like they do, and people are not respecting the work, more fool them.

Square: It's unlikley someone is going to put up a mural on your wall. They won't waste time doing something that will be distroyed the next day. Its usually idiots that tag up their names that do that sort of stuff. If they are painting on your wall they have disrespect for you and your property and would probably just spray you in the face. I wouldn't approach them.

Banksy is a street artists, vandalist (is that even a word) or not, he is still a legend.

Its just art at the end of the day.
MC REN
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
tagging isn't stupid

you should watch the documentary Infamy (it is all on youtube)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads