Advanced Higher Predictions Watch

Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do Scottish universities see your advanced higher predictions like they see your A-Level predictions when your UCAS application is sent away?
S_x_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123543)
Do Scottish universities see your advanced higher predictions like they see your A-Level predictions when your UCAS application is sent away?
Yes, in your reference that is sent away with your UCAS application, the subjects that you are taking and the predicted grades are listed.
Rep:
?
(Original post by S_x_x)
Yes, in your reference that is sent away with your UCAS application, the subjects that you are taking and the predicted grades are listed.
Lovely, thank you very much

Can I ask - I do music outside of school to national level outside of school so will be able to crash the Advanced Higher this year after not sitting the higher - would universities prefer this at AH to one of the subjects I already have an A at Higher in?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lovely, thank you very much

Can I ask - I do music outside of school to national level outside of school so will be able to crash the Advanced Higher this year after not sitting the higher - would universities prefer this at AH to one of the subjects I already have an A at Higher in?
Assuming the subjects are of equal relevance to what you want to do, the fact it's a crash AH won't make any difference...Unless that is your grade in AH music is likely to be higher than doing the AH in another subject, in which case you should do music
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Assuming the subjects are of equal relevance to what you want to do, the fact it's a crash AH won't make any difference...Unless that is your grade in AH music is likely to be higher than doing the AH in another subject, in which case you should do music
Fair enough - it's just for KCL I saw that they wanted AAA in Higher plus AA in Advanced Higher (different subjects) - so I would assume that:

A - Higher English
A - Higher French
A - Higher History

A - Advanced Higher Modern Studies
A - Advanced Higher Music (despite not doing the higher)

Would be sufficient, no?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fair enough - it's just for KCL I saw that they wanted AAA in Higher plus AA in Advanced Higher (different subjects) - so I would assume that:

A - Higher English
A - Higher French
A - Higher History

A - Advanced Higher Modern Studies
A - Advanced Higher Music (despite not doing the higher)

Would be sufficient, no?
They just expect that the 2 AHs people do will come from their set of highers (hence not asking for a grade on them to avoid 'double counting' a subject), but there's no reason why they would have to.

Yep, that would be fine
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
They just expect that the 2 AHs people do will come from their set of highers (hence not asking for a grade on them to avoid 'double counting' a subject), but there's no reason why they would have to.

Yep, that would be fine
Perfect, thanks That should hopefully be a way around it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
16.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
23.96%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (37)
38.54%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.04%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.25%