How lenient are Aston with entry grades? Watch

Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have an offer with Aston (it's my firm) of 340 points (AAB) for Business Management. I think I can get As in two of my A levels, but I know I mucked up my latest one. Realistically, I think I'll get AAC.

I know that's definitely not meeting my offer, but loads of people seem to have offers for 320 points which is ABB or AAC. If I did end up etting AAC, do you reckon they'd let me in?

I tried searching around but I couldn't find what I was looking for in any other of the threads and I know the Business courses are really competitive but they're also on extra so does that mean they have places?!

please help!
:confused:
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd imagine that if the places are on extra then you should be ok. If you do miss your offer then give them a ring and see if they'll take you anyway.
James C
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would imagine AAC would get u in, it is when u start to drop to ABC or something that u may struggle to get into a AAB course
Juggy123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i kno sum1 applying for optometry there needed AAA and got ABC and still got in there ok
lil_miss_annoymous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by James C)
I would imagine AAC would get u in, it is when u start to drop to ABC or something that u may struggle to get into a AAB course

Thats going to be me
I already no ive got one c because its coursework based!!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You may just get in anyway.
aj_since 1989
Report 11 years ago
Does the fact that the course you've applied to is in extra mean that you are more likely to get in if u miss a grade??.. I have an offer for biz mgt. of ABB but I might just miss out on the A!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its possible yeah.
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
oooh thankyou everyone!
hopefully they'll be nice!
*crosses fingers*
zoea
Report 11 years ago
They wanted ABB from me and I got BBB, you'll get in no problem!!
aj_since 1989
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by zoea)
They wanted ABB from me and I got BBB, you'll get in no problem!!
Wow!.. Did you have to ring up and beg them on results day ?..
zoea
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by aj_since 1989)
Wow!.. Did you have to ring up and beg them on results day ?..
Nope! A uni will pretty much always accept you if you're a grade down, they'd much rather do that than leave it to chance with clearing. That rule obviously doesn't go for oxford etc. Also another tip, check the ucas website from VERY early on exam results day cause most people in my year found out on there if they got into their uni or not BEFORE gettin their exam results. Feel free to send me a private message if you want!
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yea i found out whether i'd go into Aston or not at about 7am on track on results day :p: at least i was less worried when i did go and get my exam results
Preeti x
Report 11 years ago
1 WEEK TO GO
i really hope they are lenient, since i need ABB for Psychology and i really dont think ive managed it..maybe a BBB or even BBC but the annoying thing is last year for psychology the entry requirements were BBB so if i got a BBC last yr i would have had more a chance! I dont know how lenient they would be if i got a BBC??.. its a popular course too!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Best thing is to ring and ask. They may also be on clearing which means there's more of a chance.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sick Puppy)
I have an offer with Aston (it's my firm) of 340 points (AAB) for Business Management. I think I can get As in two of my A levels, but I know I mucked up my latest one. Realistically, I think I'll get AAC.

I know that's definitely not meeting my offer, but loads of people seem to have offers for 320 points which is ABB or AAC. If I did end up etting AAC, do you reckon they'd let me in?

I tried searching around but I couldn't find what I was looking for in any other of the threads and I know the Business courses are really competitive but they're also on extra so does that mean they have places?!

please help!
:confused:
The offer requirements for that course are 320-340 according to their website. I've got it down as my firm choice for 320, so if you miss the 340 and end up with 320 I'd say you should probably get in. I'm worried that I'll miss and get 300
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I believe after today it's quite safe to answer the topic title now:

They aren't

Q.E.D
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it depends on the course and how many people actually reach the required grades :rolleyes:
ammyzee
Report 11 years ago
Conditional offer at Aston to do Optometry...ABB required i got BBC and i havent heard from them...no news is bad news...
hs_honey
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ammyzee)
Conditional offer at Aston to do Optometry...ABB required i got BBC and i havent heard from them...no news is bad news...

I got ABB and still my place at Aston for Optometry hasn't been confirmed. Did you go to the open day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Aston University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed