Results help and next year Watch

Kratanos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I am in S6 and I needed a B for minimum requirements and got a C instead. Now I have AABC and needed AABB. I don't know what to do since I'm past school now and have no idea how to take highers after
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kratanos)
So I am in S6 and I needed a B for minimum requirements and got a C instead. Now I have AABC and needed AABB. I don't know what to do since I'm past school now and have no idea how to take highers after
I believe you can sit most Highers at College.

You may also be able to apply as a "Ghost Candidate?" (I think that's what their called but I'm not 100% certain). Basically you register at a local school for an exam (you will have to pay to sit it) but don't go into the school to learn. It's like self-learning, but you take the exam at the end.
Last edited by Strelzo; 1 week ago
MajorKong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well done on your results! You could ask for a remark. Was it unexpected? Or did you feel the exam didn't go well?
Kratanos
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorKong)
Well done on your results! You could ask for a remark. Was it unexpected? Or did you feel the exam didn't go well?
It was completely unexpected because I had received a very high A in the prelim. I have no clue what happened
Kratanos
Rep:
?

(Original post by Strelzo)
I believe you can sit most Highers at College.

You may also be able to apply as a "Ghost Candidate?" (I think that's what their called but I'm not 100% certain). Basically you register at a local school for an exam (you will have to pay to sit it) but don't go into the school to learn. It's like self-learning, but you take the exam at the end.
I live in a rural areas where the only highers offered at college are ones I already have like English. I have been wanting to talk to the school about something but haven't been able to contact them
Strelzo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I live in a rural areas where the only highers offered at college are ones I already have like English. I have been wanting to talk to the school about something but haven't been able to contact them
When schools re-open, go up and ask someone of authority who will be able to help you.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Had you already applied for the course you needed the grades for?
Kratanos
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
Had you already applied for the course you needed the grades for?
I planned on taking a year to work and nobody told me I could defer it so I didn't
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I planned on taking a year to work and nobody told me I could defer it so I didn't
Sorry, missed this before! Your former school may be willing to accept you as like an external candidate, so you wouldn't go to school, but they'd act as an exam centre. I think there are a couple of colleges that have a couple of distance learning options for highers- not so much choice in terms of what subjects you can do those in, but there are a couple of options that are out there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%