Just found out i have an adopted brother Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Please keep anon or delete,

About 2 hours ago i found out i have an adopted brother and was asked whether id ever consider meeting him...its pretty much messed my head up as it was completely unpredicted (sorry if none of this is making sense)...
I honestly dont know what to do/what to say :confused:
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its always going to be a shock to the system when something like this comes to light. Whether you decide to meet him or not it doesn't change the fact that you now know that he exists. Maybe talk to a parent or friend about it and see what you think. I wouldn't rush into things maybe take a bit of time to think about it before you make a decision.
Holsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This must be a shock for you. It's completely understandable that you have no idea what to do - you've only found out two hours ago. Try to talk to someone you can trust and just talk about how you feel about the whole thing. Ultimately you're the one who'll make the decision, but perhaps you could talk to him over the phone first, or meet him at some later date with family if that's something you want to do. Whatever happens, I hope you're happy with your decision. :hugs:
Teao the Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Personally, i would go to meet him- after all it's only a meeting, you don't have to accept him as a 'brother' as such- just an aquaintaince. I have two half sisters who i have never met- my dad had an affair with my mum resulting in me and his wife chucking him out and refusing to let him see his kids. I am desperate to meet my sisters- just to meet them talk to them! I dont want them to embrace me as family, but if you don't meet him, i think you'll always wonder what he's like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads