What should I do after Year 13 Watch

SJC13044
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I currently study Economics (A-Level)Business (A-Level)Geography (A-Level)IT (Vocational)but right now I have no idea what to do after Year 13 whether its uni apprenticeship, gap year or just nothing. My main interests are in Business, finance a slight interest in economics. Not too fond of going to uni mainly cos of fees and whatnot but unsure what exact apprenticeship to do. Thanks for any advice
rescueme
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey

You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Don't rush into anything and take your time to make these decisions which could significantly colour your future. If you are not 100% sure of what you want to do then that is absolutely fine. Take a year out to consider all your options or to try something completely different. Maybe you want to go an travel for a while, have new experiences and adventures. Maybe getting a job for a year and gaining some experience of the real world of work might be beneficial, you can develop many skills which you wont learn sitting in a lecture theatre.
There is no way in the world that a degree is worth 9k/year, it is just nonsensical, opting for an apprenticeship can be a good alternative. If you do opt for uni then select a degree that is going to get you into a high earning job as you are going to need it to pay off all the debt you will inherit as a student.
Whatever you decide to do don't be pressured or influenced by others, please yourself. You get one shot at life so be happy in what you do and if you are not then pack it in and try something else, if that also fails try again and again!

You might find this article useful -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-...al.link1_.auin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%