The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

David Russell Apartments

Hi,

Ill be new at St Andrews and wanted to know are blinds/curtains provided in residences and also what tog rating would you recommend for the duvet?
Original post by Spapak1704
Hi,

Ill be new at St Andrews and wanted to know are blinds/curtains provided in residences and also what tog rating would you recommend for the duvet?

of course there will be curtains, carpet and basins provided, you won't need to buy your own.

i recommend not going with such a high tog, halls of residence get really warm with the heating on, but i know plenty of people who find 13 tog really cosy. personally think 10 ish is fine but it doesnt matter
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by A Rolling Stone
of course there will be curtains, carpet and basins provided, you won't need to buy your own.

i recommend not going with such a high tog, halls of residence get really warm with the heating on, but i know plenty of people who find 13 tog really cosy. personally think 10 ish is fine but it doesnt matter

Thanks for the info. Yeah I generally find it warm at night but have lived in a very warm climate the past few years. Great I'll go for a 10 tog. Would you recommend a mattress topper?
Original post by Spapak1704
Thanks for the info. Yeah I generally find it warm at night but have lived in a very warm climate the past few years. Great I'll go for a 10 tog. Would you recommend a mattress topper?

yeah there will be a mattress, then a mattress cover that doesn't get removed and then you put your own mattress sheets on top of that to stop the unis mattress getting dirty

Quick Reply

Latest