How should i revise Watch

cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So i have mocks first and aecond week back from summer holidays. I do a levels maths economics and psychology. I have roughly a month left to revise and all I’ve been doing is practice papers. I havent been specifically focusing on certain topics in certain subjects as i feel like it would take too long so have skipped it and went straight to practicing past papers for all subjects. Is this a good way to revise or should I focus specifically on topics as im not sure which is the best. Any help would be appreciated
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cbains02)
So i have mocks first and aecond week back from summer holidays. I do a levels maths economics and psychology. I have roughly a month left to revise and all I’ve been doing is practice papers. I havent been specifically focusing on certain topics in certain subjects as i feel like it would take too long so have skipped it and went straight to practicing past papers for all subjects. Is this a good way to revise or should I focus specifically on topics as im not sure which is the best. Any help would be appreciated
Hi there,

Past papers are great as long as you know the content well enough. How are you doing with those pre tests? It might be worth printing off the specifications for each of your subjects so you can know what the exam board will be asking you. Make sure to go through the past paper with a mark scheme to see where your errors are. Lastly, I would defiantly recommend creating a revision time table so you remain focused for the upcoming month.

Good luck!
cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hi there,

Past papers are great as long as you know the content well enough. How are you doing with those pre tests? It might be worth printing off the specifications for each of your subjects so you can know what the exam board will be asking you. Make sure to go through the past paper with a mark scheme to see where your errors are. Lastly, I would defiantly recommend creating a revision time table so you remain focused for the upcoming month.

Good luck!
Hi, thanks for the advice. Honestly I’m not sure if I know the content well enough but for subjects like maths I think i may just continue to do the papers. Psychology I have already made most of my notes so I think I will continue with past papers. However subjects like economics, I have made some notes which I think i may need to read over but essay questioms will be hard to mark. I have been marking my past papers to find mistakes that I’ve made but even if I may not know all the content, is me continuing to do past papers still suitable?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (109)
14.25%
Excited (73)
9.54%
Worried (147)
19.22%
Terrified (178)
23.27%
Meh (50)
6.54%
Confused (21)
2.75%