I need too get out of my house Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
A while ago i posted a thread about my brother who beats me and takes his anger out on me physically, this was at the start of the year.

He still does it, i realise i wind him up as a sister..yet he turns on me suddenly, physically.

He started kicking me earlier, whilst on the floor. It all started because i was revising in the living room for 2 exams tomorrow because my room is currently undergoing decoration and my other brother was working in the study. I asked him too watch tv in the other living room or his bedroom when he immediately threw the remote control at my head, and held me too the ground, kicking me, and shouting in my face. i tried to call someone but he disconnected the phone and hes now locked all the doors in the house, and the windows so i can't get out.

He's also thrown my work in the bin, all my revision notes and i currently have nothing to go on.

Im currently stuck in my bedroom, scared to go downstairs and whenever i hear activity i get so scared and panicy

My parents won't be back for hours, im scared for my mental health and physical if i stay with this boy. He constantly physically and mentally abuses me, when hes not hitting me he's insulting me about my weight, friends, etc. Im so scared to do anything, i havn't got any physical bruises anymore, although my arms are currently swollen but theres no mark on me that means i can go too the police.

This happens time and time again, my parents are aware of it, and say they that we both are too blame, that i wind him up. They've suggested counselling for him but it's never come through and that im the one who needs to shut up and leave him alone...they even suggested i had too leave the house so i can't annoy him.

I want too leave, im leaving in a few months but i want too leave now..i can't stand this behaviour and being scared at everything i do or say. I feel like im heading for a nervous breakdown everytime this happens, i just huddle into a ball when he's hitting me, or breakdown and try and fight back yet he's so much bigger than me, he just hits me back harder. I feel like a total crazy woman crying in my bedroom, and pleading with my other brother too help out..yet he just says he doesnt want too get involved and walks out. However on other occasions he has joined in with the verbal abuse.

Im going mad, is there anyone else i can turn too...??

BTW i'm not a troll, im a regular poster on this forum hence the need for anonymous
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's ****ing bizarre. As for now, see if you can't either get out the house or maybe block the door into your bedroom so he can't get in.

When your parents are home, insist that they do something about him, and that you refuse to be alone with him at home.

Do you have any friends to beat the **** out of him to go stay with while you revise?
MakingMoves
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
OMFG. I'd kick the **** out of any guy who hits a girl like that for no god damn reason.:mad:

Call the police or something!!!
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You are not to blame! This is not normal! Take photos of where your brother kicked you (bruises) and report him! You do not have to put up with this!

Edit: is it possible to stay with friends/family?
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's really awful, especially from your brother - if no-one else is listening to you I would try a helpline, really, they are confidential and might be able to help out.
Samaritans is 08457 90 90 90
or Childline 0800 1111
If you have a mobile phone them on those. Otherwise wait until the house phones are reconnected.
I think you are even able to e-mail them if you now have access to a computer.

If things get worse maybe talk to your school [I don't know your age] or to a local branch of the groups above.
nugax
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
In addition to Sophie's advice I'd suggest informing your school straight away - he's making it extremely difficult for you to revise and it may have a detrimental effect on your results.
Irrelevance
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's a difficult situation, fighting back will result in you getting hurt even more, but there's no reason why you should be getting hit in the first place. The best option in my eyes would be to avoid this bully as much as possible, the moment you realise he's even thinking about kicking off, just walk away.

A few months longer, hold on.
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
where do you live OP, id gladly come round and knock some sense into him.
fat_hobbit
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haven't your parents noticed your bruises?

I think that it is something that you should bring up with them. God forbid, what your brothers future wife will have to go through.
bella0123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
if you still have the access to a computer, i think you can email NSPCC or you can chat to them online. tell them your situation and hopefully they will do something about it. btw, your brother is a ****wit
Spike4848
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you have a good (preferably large) male friend who you could have come around to your house regularly and maybe revise together, so there's someone else around and your brother won't/won't be able to bother you?
Anonymous #1
im so scared, i can hear him underneath me playing music loud and chatting too his girlfriend

why can he lead such a popular and happy life when i can't, aren't siblings meant too love each other?
fat_hobbit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im so scared, i can hear him underneath me playing music loud and chatting too his girlfriend

why can he lead such a popular and happy life when i can't, aren't siblings meant too love each other?
He has a girlfriend?... Does he physcially hit her too?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fat_hobbit)
He has a girlfriend?... Does he physcially hit her too?
no

when i tell my parents he laughs and says im overreacting, a neighbour came round once and heard screams and told her i was overeacting, really calmly and politely as if i was the mad one

i cant concentrate, im scared to go out of my room i NEED too revise yet his voice and him laughing, enjoying himself makes me physically sick
bella0123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what kind of ****** will go out with him? i swear, hitting a girl is just not right. no matter the situation. honestly if i were you, i would either report him or make some male friends FAST! so they can beat the crap out of him. he is such a creep! these kind of people make me so angry!
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
One day, others will realise he is not a good person.
He might find it dificult to get a job, he will not make many friends, he will find relationships difficult and he will not have the support of his sister.
However, you will leave the house in a few years and start a life of your own. He will not be around to bother you anymore and this will probably make you feel more confident and you will be able to choose the people you share your life with.
At the end of the day, if you are the better person, you will live a better life.
sugar_and_spice
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's awful!

Seriously if I had a brother who did that to me I'd call the police!

Why does your other brother not stop him?! I can't make any sense of that if he is beating you up!
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If I were you when you are able to leave the house, I would go and stay at a friends house until your parents take it seriously.
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no

when i tell my parents he laughs and says im overreacting, a neighbour came round once and heard screams and told her i was overeacting, really calmly and politely as if i was the mad one

i cant concentrate, im scared to go out of my room i NEED too revise yet his voice and him laughing, enjoying himself makes me physically sick
In practical terms, for revision, find yourself some paper and a pen and make notes as detailed as possible on whatever subject you need to revise. Go into real depth about the topic and try to remember the lesson when you learnt it. It's harder with background noise but try and immerse yourself as deeply as possible in your work.
Sorry I can't help more.
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you feel threatened then you need to make that clear to your parents. It may be that they didn't realise quite how upset you are by his behaviour towards you. As for today, have you got any friends that you can go out and see, until your parents are back? Like other people have said you shouldn't be made to feel so threatened and in fear of your safety.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads