The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
no

when i tell my parents he laughs and says im overreacting, a neighbour came round once and heard screams and told her i was overeacting, really calmly and politely as if i was the mad one

i cant concentrate, im scared to go out of my room i NEED too revise yet his voice and him laughing, enjoying himself makes me physically sick

Have you shown them the bruises?
Like someone said take pictures of your arms (you said they were swollen?) as proof. Also you could go to your neighbour. If they heard you screaming and if you know them well and trust them you could talk to them about it and ask them to back you up
Reply 22
Anonymous
no

when i tell my parents he laughs and says im overreacting, a neighbour came round once and heard screams and told her i was overeacting, really calmly and politely as if i was the mad one

i cant concentrate, im scared to go out of my room i NEED too revise yet his voice and him laughing, enjoying himself makes me physically sick

I doubt he'd start on you if his GF is there.
If you can't stay at a friends house, contact the police. You may not be able to prove he has done anything to you but it will "start the ball rolling".

If this does break your family apart, I honestly think they aren't worth the hassle if thats how they treat you.
Reply 24
Does his girlfriend know what he does to you?
Phone the police, from a mobile.
how r u and how old is ur brother? this has to stop. when you leave for uni let see who he hits then, my gosh i feel for you, as for ur revision notes, i cant believe he would stoop so low,
Leave now. Eventually he'll start to take it out on his gf, and then he's screwed.
xxx-Sarah-xxx
how r u and how old is ur brother? this has to stop. when you leave for uni let see who he hits then, my gosh i feel for you, as for ur revision notes, i cant believe he would stoop so low,

Boy, he sounds like a bit of a loser to be honest. He probably is taking out his life frustrations on her.
Reply 29
Im 18, he is 16..

pathetic i know

I have no friends to go too
he has now locked me in my bedroom, i dont know how but i can't open the door. My parents won't be back until 7pm, i have no mobile in here, just my laptop..
Reply 30
Keep a kitchen knife on you when hes around u. Then when he tries to hit you, get it out and show him whos boss :smile:
Anonymous
Im 18, he is 16..

pathetic i know

he has now locked me in my bedroom, i dont know how but i can't open the door. My parents won't be back until 7pm, i have no mobile in here, just my laptop..

Do you know your parents number? Can you email or message someone you know (even off TSR) who could call them for you and get them to come home early to catch him in the act?

Or if you are willing to involve them, get them to contact the police so they can also catch him in the act?

EDIT: Or you could try texting them from one of those free text sites like http://www.cbfsms.com/ .
Reply 32
Anonymous
Im 18, he is 16..

pathetic i know

Can't you go onto childlines website, and contact them through there?
Reply 33
I think you can contact the police through the internet?

This might help:
http://www.met.police.uk/reporting_crime/index.htm#Dome
Reply 34
SarahhhD
Can't you go onto childlines website, and contact them through there?

Im not a child
Reply 35
Anonymous
Im not a child

You are 16, so yes, you are a child. Child line is designed for kids/young adults who are still living with their parents. I.E YOU. stop rejecting peoples help, or people will begin to think you are talking crap
Reply 36
She said she's 18. Her brother is 16.
Reply 37
i dont think calling the police would solve anything, it will create tension in your family. do you love your brother? (family wise :smile:)
Reply 38
omni1
i dont think calling the police would solve anything, it will create tension in your family. do you love your brother? (family wise :smile:)

are you mentally challanged? why the **** would she love her brother. and it would be her parents fault for creating tension in the family for not doing anything in the first place
Reply 39
Sam...:D
You are 16, so yes, you are a child. Child line is designed for kids/young adults who are still living with their parents. I.E YOU. stop rejecting peoples help, or people will begin to think you are talking crap

Errr, dude. She stated that she's 18.

It would be best if you could gather some evidence of this terrible, horrifying act your brother is doing. There is nothing for YOU to be ashamed of. In fact, your brother should be the one who's ashamed here; hitting his sister for no reason. Don't fight back because he may lash out even more. Even if you reported this to Childline, I'm fairly confident that they would pass you on to someone who could help. Do you have any sort of machinery/technology thing which could record stuff? Be it sound, video, photos whatever. Gather evidence and you would be able to sort this out preferably before you leave your house. This has got to stop.

Latest

Trending

Trending