The Student Room Group

Braces? ? ? ?

So basically I’m 14 years old and my teeth are really bad, I went to the orthodontist on the 25th of January 2019, and I’m currently on the waiting list for braces and being told that I will be waiting until January 25th 2020 and people at my school with perfect teeth are getting braces before me I was wondering how do you speed up the process for the waiting list as I’m so embarrassed about my teeth that I find it difficult to even talk to some people please help :frown:
Hey, :wavey:

I had to wait more than a year to get onto the waiting list (some wait 3+ years).

It is a long time and when you take into account how long the actual treatment will take it can be a little overbearing.

To answer your question, you can't really do anything to "speed up" the process - I guess at this point all you can do is be patient.

Wish you the best :smile:
Thank you :u:
Original post by Ellamarieburrows
So basically I’m 14 years old and my teeth are really bad, I went to the orthodontist on the 25th of January 2019, and I’m currently on the waiting list for braces and being told that I will be waiting until January 25th 2020 and people at my school with perfect teeth are getting braces before me I was wondering how do you speed up the process for the waiting list as I’m so embarrassed about my teeth that I find it difficult to even talk to some people please help :frown:

Don't worry. Nobody will be judging you by your teeth, at least anybody who is worth your while. My son had awful teeth at the same age. He had braces fitted and looks amazing now (he is 20). When you are an adult, you will probably mostly forget this period of your life.
If your friends had perfect teeth they wouldn't be getting braces.

Just wait, you're still very young so it's not an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest