kingofgods
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Is this true? Can you get certain results for certain units as's a2's BEFORE the 14th...

It was mentioned in a different thread...personally i dont think its true but just wanted to find out if it is
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kingofgods)
Is this true? Can you get certain results for certain units as's a2's BEFORE the 14th...

It was mentioned in a different thread...personally i dont think its true but just wanted to find out if it is
Our school hasn't said anything about it so probably not.

Do the schools get the results a week early (i.e. on the 7th) for the summer exam series? I can remember getting my unofficial results for the January modules from the school a week before they were officially released.
kingofgods
Rep:
?
(Original post by callum9999)
Our school hasn't said anything about it so probably not.

Do the schools get the results a week early (i.e. on the 7th) for the summer exam series? I can remember getting my unofficial results for the January modules from the school a week before they were officially released.
I have heard that your university may let you know if your into before hand but wont ever give you your results..
shootbangfire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah - you can check UCAS on the morning of results day - I think they tell you one minute after midnight if you got in to your Firm or not. If your offer is AAA and it's accepted, obviously you've got AAA, but beyond that you can't know for sure until you get your envelope of results.
kingofgods
Rep:
?
(Original post by shootbangfire)
Yeah - you can check UCAS on the morning of results day - I think they tell you one minute after midnight if you got in to your Firm or not. If your offer is AAA and it's accepted, obviously you've got AAA, but beyond that you can't know for sure until you get your envelope of results.

I spoke to UCAS already...its all a myth the midnight thing...they said they dont start updating systems untill the morning and even then for some people it can be untill later on in day when the systems are updated...the only true way seems to be get your results
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shootbangfire)
no cos if lots of people issed their offers they might still have let you in with AAB
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UCAS updating after midnight is a myth?
kingofgods
Rep:
?
(Original post by blahbloo)
UCAS updating after midnight is a myth?

thats what UCAS said..
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I spoke to UCAS already...its all a myth the midnight thing...they said they dont start updating systems untill the morning and even then for some people it can be untill later on in day when the systems are updated...the only true way seems to be get your results
Don't worry, I'm not advocating not going in on results day, just repeating what I've heard.
dentalstudentGKT
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well on my jan module results i got let on by my teachers that i had done really well a few days before the results actually come out. they would always say stuff like "oh, we have a dark horse here" etc etc because i wasnt expected to do too well! didnt see teachers until results day on summer exams so cant really say much about thatr!
general_store
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Last year my brother's UCAS updated at about 7 30 am but other friends' didn't update for a few days.
chr15chr15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thats what UCAS said..
im pretty sure it isn't! my schools pretty big and we have a higher education tutor who sorts out all ucas stuff, and he said that your offers come up the night before, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about he's been doing for 7 years!
sunburnt_note
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Universities get results on the Sunday/Monday before the 14th (I've heard varying opinions).

Schools get them on 13th August - January results work a bit differently.

So far as I'm aware, unless you have connections with teachers at school etc there's no way to find out before 14th.
kingofgods
Rep:
?
(Original post by chr15chr15)
im pretty sure it isn't! my schools pretty big and we have a higher education tutor who sorts out all ucas stuff, and he said that your offers come up the night before, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about he's been doing for 7 years!

I think he dosnt know anything...you can never get it night BEFORE that would be the 13th..would take away the whole point of results day
chr15chr15
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think he dosnt know anything...you can never get it night BEFORE that would be the 13th..would take away the whole point of results day
not the results just whether you got into your university or not and this has been backed up by all my teachers!
kingofgods
Rep:
?
(Original post by chr15chr15)
not the results just whether you got into your university or not and this has been backed up by all my teachers!

Yeah we all know that lol...the question is about results..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads