The Student Room Group

UCAS "add a clearing choice" does not work

Hi!

I want to go into clearing and noticed that the "add a clearing choice" button is greyed out and does not let me select any options.

I did the IB so i'm technically supposed to be able to do clearing already, and even though I know I can't add a choice until I talk to the university, I want to make sure my UCAS works before I call anywhere.

Does anybody know if this issue can be fixed on my side? Or perhaps if the button will become available when I talk to a university and get an offer?

Thanks!
There are a couple of issues here. Did you have a university place conditional upon your IB results? If your place didn't go unconditional, then you should have been issued with a Clearing number. This would also have happened if you first entered the UCAS process within the last month.

If, on the other hand, you firmed an offer which went unconditional after your Results Day, you have to self-release into Clearing. If you have not done so yet, you will need to do so to get a Clearing number and be able to add a Clearing choice.

Track goes into A-level lockdown after 2 p.m. on Friday 9 August, so you will be unable to enter a Clearing choice after that time. It reopens on 15 August at 3 p.m.

The best thing would be to give UCAS a call in the morning to find out what's happening at their end. If you get the Clearing all-clear from UCAS, you can then call unis up to find out if they'll make you an offer.
Reply 2
I self-released into clearing after results day, and on my UCAS there is a message that does say I am in clearing as well as give me my clearing number. However right next to it, the button is greyed out.

I am going to give UCAS a call tomato sure everything is okay.

`thanks!
Original post by soletrumb
I am going to give UCAS a call tomato sure everything is okay.

`thanks!

Hope they don't squash your hopes :tongue:

Seriously tho, it sounds best to give UCAS a call, would be great if you could let us know what they said?
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
Hope they don't squash your hopes :tongue:

Seriously tho, it sounds best to give UCAS a call, would be great if you could let us know what they said?

Its was a technical issue (fortunately). I was using Safari and apparently its not the most compatible with UCAS, so they recommended I try with Google Chrome and it worked. :smile:
Its was a technical issue (fortunately). I was using Safari and apparently its not the most compatible with UCAS, so they recommended I try with Google Chrome and it worked. :smile:

Great! Thanks for telling us :smile: Good Luck with Clearing

Cool. Good news. Hope you find a course in Clearing that's suitable for you.

Like I said last night, after 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon Track goes into A-level lockdown. You'll still be able to talk to unis and get offers, but make sure they understand that any deadline for accepting their offer on Track has to be after 3 p.m. on 15 August.

Best wishes with your uni hunt!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending