The Student Room Group

What grade do you consider a 'good' grade?

Obviously success is relative, a 5 may be an amazing grade that you poured your absolute blood, sweat and tears into. For others, it may be considered as a poor grade that you'd be disappointed with. I ask this question since results day is right around the corner, and I was thinking to myself earlier, what results would I be happy with? So... what do you think is a good grade?
8 minimum, as you can tell I have high standards oops
Reply 2
It honestly depends on:
1. A Levels - the number one goal should be getting the grades you need for A levels, so that's my main aim.
2. Mock exams - I got all 9's in my mock, so to get less wouldn't be disappointing by any means, but that has some importance to me.

For me, a 7+ would be a great grade, but by no means are lower grades poor, as any grade is the summation of lots of cramming the night before the exam (we all do it... :biggrin:)
Reply 3
Anything above a 7, an 8 is perfect, 9 is beyond what I had hoped for, and I would be okay with a 7
Original post by Huckipity
Obviously success is relative, a 5 may be an amazing grade that you poured your absolute blood, sweat and tears into. For others, it may be considered as a poor grade that you'd be disappointed with. I ask this question since results day is right around the corner, and I was thinking to myself earlier, what results would I be happy with? So... what do you think is a good grade

I think for me a b would be a good grade but I know I can get higher in a few subjects. C would be a good grade for subjects like chemistry or rs that I try my hardest in but just can't get my head around...
Reply 5
5= good
6= great

I only got 7s. I could have got higher but I had some crazy circumstances . I would have been disappointed with less than 7.

Quick Reply

Latest