Applying for different maintenance loans Watch

Aaryra
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so if I go to my firm, I'll be commuting into London. If I go to my insurance, I'll live out outside London. On results day, if I go to my insurance can I call in and apply for more maintenance?
namelessfeelsx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I want to know this too
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was under the impression that sfe determines your maintenance loan based your family's circumstances so I don't know how much calling the university will help (?) but it might be useful to have a look at what type of bursaries are on offer! Good luck to the both of you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Aaryra
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RomNoob)
I was under the impression that sfe determines your maintenance loan based your family's circumstances so I don't know how much calling the university will help (?) but it might be useful to have a look at what type of bursaries are on offer! Good luck to the both of you
Nope, your maintenance loan takes into account a lot of factors. Maybe you'll find this interesting: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/quicksta...d-figures.html
Amy SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kristen1283)
Okay so if I go to my firm, I'll be commuting into London. If I go to my insurance, I'll live out outside London. On results day, if I go to my insurance can I call in and apply for more maintenance?
Hi Kristen,

Did you put your firm choice on your main application? You are able to change your course details at any time, you can do this via your online account here. At the bottom of your application you will see ‘Change your application’ allowing various changes to be made including course details. If you are looking to change the rate of your Maintenance Loan this would fall under changes to personal details, therefore students can change their 'term' address via the personal details section and update living location via the University/College and course details section of their online account. If you will be living in London you will be assessed for the 'London rate' Maintenance Loan, if you will living outside of London you will receive the 'Elsewhere rate'.

Thanks, Amy
RomNoob
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nope, your maintenance loan takes into account a lot of factors. Maybe you'll find this interesting: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/quicksta...d-figures.html
Thanks for the link but I understood it as you saying calling your insurance university to get a higher maintenance but they don't award it which is why I said look at bursaries 🤷🏽*♂️ I must've misunderstood!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%