The Student Room Group

how much revision everyone doing for a-levels this summer ??

yr12s?
not in yr12 but when I was I did nothing in the summer lol
Original post by miniminx3310
yr12s?

Been doing homework, coursework and that. Have done a tiny bit of revision.
Reply 3
Original post by miniminx3310
yr12s?

Give yourself a complete break from studying for the rest of the holiday. It is nonsense revising a year in advance. You need to refresh and recharge your brain right now. Son did 4A levels and got into Oxford and did absolutely no work on school orders during summer holidays.
Doin a lot of Biology, been neglecting my other subjects tho :redface:
Depends on your subject. For computer science I got on with my coursework so I would finish earlier and for maths I went briefly through year 2 topics which really helped.
I’m probably gonna burn out again :colonhash:
Reply 7
Original post by eutrophication1
I’m probably gonna burn out again :colonhash:

I mean it stop right now and go and have some fun over the holidays. Clue is in the name!
Original post by Scotney
Give yourself a complete break from studying for the rest of the holiday. It is nonsense revising a year in advance. You need to refresh and recharge your brain right now. Son did 4A levels and got into Oxford and did absolutely no work on school orders during summer holidays.

lel but i is not that smart

fair enough. I mean I've done f**k all over summers and its a little concerning. I did bludey loads for yr12 exams bc I wasnt here in the run up to them bc i had a wedding abroad for a week so defo couldn't cram them xD
then i died n didnt listen to the end but thanks for the advice x
I'm focussing on work that has been set (e.g. EPQ dissertation, other essays and homework/reading) - once I've finished all of that, I basically plan to go over everything once. So, doing some essay plans and quotes/context for English literature, as well as some essay paragraphs/annotations of some chapters of harder texts; summary mind maps for every topic for history and reviewing flashcards for Classics (Classics is my best subject and the one I plan to do at uni, so a lot of the information is still in my head and I feel a lot more secure for it than other subjects.) I'm basically doing the same amount that I did between Year 10 and Year 11, which was reviewing stuff for content-dense subjects and ones I struggled with. I neglected my English Literature texts (except coursework ones) before Year 11 because it was my best subject and I still came out with a Grade 9!
Reply 10
Original post by inspiringcolours
I'm focussing on work that has been set (e.g. EPQ dissertation, other essays and homework/reading) - once I've finished all of that, I basically plan to go over everything once. So, doing some essay plans and quotes/context for English literature, as well as some essay paragraphs/annotations of some chapters of harder texts; summary mind maps for every topic for history and reviewing flashcards for Classics (Classics is my best subject and the one I plan to do at uni, so a lot of the information is still in my head and I feel a lot more secure for it than other subjects.) I'm basically doing the same amount that I did between Year 10 and Year 11, which was reviewing stuff for content-dense subjects and ones I struggled with. I neglected my English Literature texts (except coursework ones) before Year 11 because it was my best subject and I still came out with a Grade 9!

I have done jack ****! Not even started statement or revised/booked ucat / bmat as I'm wanting to do medicine!!
Whoo goo meeee!!
less than i'd have like to done but have been focusing on english lit coursework and completing notes from year 12.

Quick Reply

Latest