Anyone else terrified of AS/A-Level Results Day? Watch

Kenneth19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Less than a week left now and I could not be more worried to collect my results. This is my final year at my college (third year) and I feel as though my life will crumble if I do not get the grades I need to get into Cardiff. I am kind of in a depressed state after not receiving the grades I worked hard for last year.

Is anyone else fearing the dreadful day?
Last edited by Kenneth19; 2 months ago
mysticmagic2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes I’m **** scared
Meowgi256
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yep! Only getting 1 result (I'm in year 12) but it's the subject I want to take at uni and I need an A* to meet entry requirements or I cant apply. Very nervous!
mysticmagic2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Meowgi256)
Yep! Only getting 1 result (I'm in year 12) but it's the subject I want to take at uni and I need an A* to meet entry requirements or I cant apply. Very nervous!
Let me guess is it maths?
Meowgi256
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mysticmagic2000)
Let me guess is it maths?
Yep! How did you know?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kenneth19)
Less than a week left now and I could not be more worried to collect my results. This is my final year at my college (third year) and I feel as though my life will crumble if I do not get the grades I need to get into Cardiff. I am kind of in a depressed state after not receiving the grades I worked hard for last year.

Is anyone else fearing the dreadful day?
You are definitely not alone with feeling like this! Do you have an Insurance choice as well or is it all about Cardiff?
Kenneth19
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
You are definitely not alone with feeling like this! Do you have an Insurance choice as well or is it all about Cardiff?
I received an unconditional-insurance offer from Coventry a few weeks ago but I don't really want to go there...
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I received an unconditional-insurance offer from Coventry a few weeks ago but I don't really want to go there...
What A level result are you hoping for/expecting?
Kenneth19
Rep:
?
Business - A

Economics - A/B

Maths - B

English Lang/Lit - A
mysticmagic2000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Meowgi256)
Yep! How did you know?
Spoiler:
Show
I assume you are doing FM and a lot of people do maths in year 12, so they have a year to focus on FM

Because I’m a legend
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Business - A

Economics - A/B

Maths - B

English Lang/Lit - A
4 A levels? That must have made life harder.

Are you applying for a Business related course? I'm crossing my fingers for you about Cardiff, but you don't have to accept the Coventry offer if it comes to it. There will be lots of good unis in Clearing this year and the option to self release yourself into Clearing if you don't like the offer you have
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is this makes life any easier, I've been in EXACTLY the same position before;

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5523696
MiaNova
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not scared 😂

Spoiler:
Show
:sadnod:
flowerp34
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I can't bear the thought of results day. The fact that it's in a week is making me feel anxious already. But honestly it's a gamble I don't know how i did and its my first AS results day so we'll see. Although I'm quite scared about my performance in biology an psychology
Kenneth19
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
4 A levels? That must have made life harder.

Are you applying for a Business related course? I'm crossing my fingers for you about Cardiff, but you don't have to accept the Coventry offer if it comes to it. There will be lots of good unis in Clearing this year and the option to self release yourself into Clearing if you don't like the offer you have
I am planning to study Business Management
Kenneth19
Rep:
?
(Original post by flowerp34)
I can't bear the thought of results day. The fact that it's in a week is making me feel anxious already. But honestly it's a gamble I don't know how i did and its my first AS results day so we'll see. Although I'm quite scared about my performance in biology an psychology
It is definitely a gamble, especially if you are taking essay-based papers like Psychology or English.
TheYearUni'er
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It is definitely a gamble, especially if you are taking essay-based papers like Psychology or English.
Why would u go coventry with grades like that??? My mate got ACC and is doing economics there and he got unconditional too... just apply Nottingham or somewhere
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
petrified
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheYearUni'er)
Why would u go coventry with grades like that??? My mate got ACC and is doing economics there and he got unconditional too... just apply Nottingham or somewhere
They're predicted grades not grades and Iots of people want one safe option.

But Kenneth19 there will be lots of vacancies for Business courses....I would stick with Cardiff if you get in as it's a great uni and you will have your accomodation sorted and so on, but if you don't, I would consider applying elsewhere in Clearing because it may be that there is too much of a gulf between Cardiff and Coventry.
LostLioness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Terrified is a word too weak for what I am feeling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.38%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.98%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.91%
There's nothing they could do (66)
31.13%

Watched Threads

Latest