Student Finance Amount? Watch

Myrtey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay so maybe I'm being really dumb here lol but I've applied already and recieved a confirmation letter with a maintenance of about £8700, which I am happy about. So I went to the website to double check and it says my available maintenance loan is £9200.

So my question is, where has this extra money come from? Is it a mistake maybe? Im a little confused. And no, I'm definitely no confusing it with the tuition fee loan because that's above it.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Myrtey)
Okay so maybe I'm being really dumb here lol but I've applied already and recieved a confirmation letter with a maintenance of about £8700, which I am happy about. So I went to the website to double check and it says my available maintenance loan is £9200.

So my question is, where has this extra money come from? Is it a mistake maybe? Im a little confused. And no, I'm definitely no confusing it with the tuition fee loan because that's above it.
Hello,

So every time that your application gets re-evaluated you will receive an updated confirmation letter of your loan amount. If you received that confirmation a while ago and at the time you received that they were in the middle of reviewing other financial information for additional funding it may be that it has updated but you have not received the letter yet.

This is a typical situation that occurs but only speculation so you would be best to check with Student Finance on the phone. It's best to do so you know how much you should expect although I would imagine the online is the correct figure as it is the most up to date.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Myrtey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello,

So every time that your application gets re-evaluated you will receive an updated confirmation letter of your loan amount. If you received that confirmation a while ago and at the time you received that they were in the middle of reviewing other financial information for additional funding it may be that it has updated but you have not received the letter yet.

This is a typical situation that occurs but only speculation so you would be best to check with Student Finance on the phone. It's best to do so you know how much you should expect although I would imagine the online is the correct figure as it is the most up to date.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Thank you !! I imagine this is the case then. Hopefully I get another letter soon or the website changes to fit the letter's amount haha
shanerobert
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I find that when HMR&C mount investigations, the defense is hampered by poor book-keeping. There is now a statutory requirement to keep records. By this, I do not suggest you need to employ a book-keeper or have a degree in double-entry book-keeping. All you need to do is keep complete records of both your total income and all of your expenditures.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Myrtey)
Thank you !! I imagine this is the case then. Hopefully I get another letter soon or the website changes to fit the letter's amount haha
Your very welcome!

If you have any other questions feel free to PM us.

I hope everything gets sorted for you.

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.38%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.49%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.25%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.04%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.65%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.19%