AmnaS4387
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My A Level combination might be English Literature, Psychology and Economics. Is it a good one? I plan to do Business/Marketing in the future. I’m a bit worried about the workload of English Literature.
BedfordMom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Business/Marketing at most universities does not require specific subjects at A’Level. The only university I know that is a bit specific (Kings/Durham can’t remeber) asked for 1 humanity and 1 Social science. So I’ll use that as a guide and you can’t go wrong.
Economics - Social science
Literature - Humanity
and Psychology. All in all a fantastic combination. Wether you can cope with the workload of literature is something you will have to assess. How much do you enjoy the subject? You’re not doing too many essay based subjects so should be able to fit in literature but perhaps there’s another subject you like?
Also be mindful of GCSE requirements for this course, all the universities I’ve looked at require Maths passed at a specific grade ra going form a 5 to a 7. So be mindful of this!
AmnaS4387
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BedfordMom)
Business/Marketing at most universities does not require specific subjects at A’Level. The only university I know that is a bit specific (Kings/Durham can’t remeber) asked for 1 humanity and 1 Social science. So I’ll use that as a guide and you can’t go wrong.
Economics - Social science
Literature - Humanity
and Psychology. All in all a fantastic combination. Wether you can cope with the workload of literature is something you will have to assess. How much do you enjoy the subject? You’re not doing too many essay based subjects so should be able to fit in literature but perhaps there’s another subject you like?
Also be mindful of GCSE requirements for this course, all the universities I’ve looked at require Maths passed at a specific grade ra going form a 5 to a 7. So be mindful of this!
Thank you very much. I’m actually very good at literature and enjoy it, especially the poetry sections, and it was definitely one of my scoring subjects. However, I never imagined I’d take it to A Levels and I’m a bit worried about the jump in workload. As for taking another subject, I sort of have been thinking about a science...I like biology the most, as you can see I’m choosing more essay/memorising subjects over calculations based ones like math. Hope you can give a suggestion for this! I’m sure I’ll at least pass maths with either an A or B, so hopefully that’ll go well too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (117)
28.33%
No - I have already returned home (55)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.69%
No - I live at home during term anyway (120)
29.06%

Watched Threads