The Student Room Group

Open University vs Derby University

Hi

I have the option of doing a chartered management degree apprenticeship at either University of Derby or the Open University with my employer. I am based in Derby so location isn't too much of an issue, I just have no idea which option is the best to go with, so I would appreciate any input from people who has been down a similar path.

I will say that Open uni is potentially only 3 years which is good, where Derby is a minimum of 4 - but I don't want to miss out on what could be a better quality course just because it takes a bit longer to complete. Open uni offers a BA (hons) where Derby seems to offer "a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, and Chartered Manager Status (CMgr)" -- I am assuming this is an alternative to a BA hons qualification? So not sure if its as esteemed as a BA hons?

Essentially I'm unsure which option would give me the best education and support. I had a rubbish experience at Man Met last year so I've found that you can only really get truthful info from people who have been through the course with either of these institutions, rather than just going off the course description.

Any advice would be very much appreciciated! I have to tell my line manager my decision early next week :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest