The Student Room Group

When are our results sent to universities?

Specifically, how many days before results day?
Reply 1
From what I've read UCAS doesnt give an exact number of days but from what my teacher has said (she used to do admissions at York uni) its a week or so before hand. Its not an exact number of days because marking can take longer or shorter depending on if theres any disputes.
Best of luck for results day though!!
I think the results are out
Original post by _lucie_
From what I've read UCAS doesnt give an exact number of days but from what my teacher has said (she used to do admissions at York uni) its a week or so before hand. Its not an exact number of days because marking can take longer or shorter depending on if theres any disputes.
Best of luck for results day though!!

Appreciate the feedback thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Prof fidelia

I don't think they are. I work in a university but not on admissions and every year we get an email about results embargo and restricting access to certain IT systems. As we haven't had it yet I don't think the uni can have received the results from UCAS yet. I think it will be this weekend. Maybe late Friday
Original post by Prof fidelia

No, they're released under embargo over the weekend.
The unis will get your A-level results under strict embargo either tomorrow or Saturday.

They will then have enough time to process their offer holders' results for when Track is updated next Thursday 15 August.

Best wishes to everyone waiting for their results!
After they have received results, and processed accordingly, do universities ever update offers before results day (eg by making them unconditional)? Or are they not allowed to do anything like this before results day?
....just curious!
Original post by DaisyCharlotte
After they have received results, and processed accordingly, do universities ever update offers before results day (eg by making them unconditional)? Or are they not allowed to do anything like this before results day?

They aren't, there is a strict embargo on the results they receive for some reason
Original post by DaisyCharlotte

The unis are strictly enjoined under threat of all sort of devious punishments not to give any sort of hint as to your results before 6 a.m. on 15 August. It has happened in the past that universities sent out congratulatory emails to offer holders, or forms from the accommodation office before Results Day. UCAS and the exam boards were not best pleased.

UCAS Track goes into lockdown mode tomorrow at 2 p.m. This will allow decisions to be uploaded in the background, but all you will see is the account as it was when A-level purdah started.

Similarly, your exam centre's senior personnel will be allowed to log on to the exam boards' results system at midnight (0000) on the 14th, but remain embargoed against telling you anything until 6 a.m., 30 hours later.

Centres are able to issue you results from 6 a.m. Your Track will come to life sometime between then and 8 a.m.
Original post by 学生の父
The unis are strictly enjoined under threat of all sort of devious punishments not to give any sort of hint as to your results before 6 a.m. on 15 August. It has happened in the past that universities sent out congratulatory emails to offer holders, or forms from the accommodation office before Results Day. UCAS and the exam boards were not best pleased.

UCAS Track goes into lockdown mode tomorrow at 2 p.m. This will allow decisions to be uploaded in the background, but all you will see is the account as it was when A-level purdah started.

Similarly, your exam centre's senior personnel will be allowed to log on to the exam boards' results system at midnight (0000) on the 14th, but remain embargoed against telling you anything until 6 a.m., 30 hours later.

Centres are able to issue you results from 6 a.m. Your Track will come to life sometime between then and 8 a.m.

Brilliant....cheers for all this info, its put my mind at ease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending