2nd degree funding Watch

KYSANJI1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all
I wondered if anyone could offer any advice I am now an non-ex student of the now redundant dysfunctional GSM, I was due to commence level 5 in October.

I was persuaded to do the foundation year with them(biggest mistake 1), when I already had the required qualifications to start at level 4, as a mature student, I thought this would be a good idea, worst decision ever made and to also attend GSM(biggest mistake 2)

I was studying human resources with management(mistake 3). I was not happy with my degree subject or modules, and I was thinking of switching my degree before this fiasco occurred, I was not confident if I would be able to switch and also i decided that I now want to study Mental health nursing, as I have worked in the MH sector for last 5 years, and I have more interest in that field as well.

Before I started Uni, I was working full-time, I then switched to part time to enable my studies.

I am so depressed at the moment as I write this, I contacted SF, and they advised they can only provide 2 more years of funding, and as MH nursing is not allowing me to join at level 4, I am stuck, I am essentially at a wits end, on what to do, my job will not allow me to return full time, and I do not particularly want to study HR management again at another university at level 5.

It seems as if I messed up my life.

There is no way I can fund my studies for a year.
And I do want to continue on my chosen pathway of HR.
Essentially I have wasted two years.

Any advice or tips on what I can do if anything to salvage this mess, would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, sorry for long post
KYSANJI1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by KYSANJI1)
Hi all
I wondered if anyone could offer any advice I am now an non-ex student of the now redundant dysfunctional GSM, I was due to commence level 5 in October.

I was persuaded to do the foundation year with them(biggest mistake 1), when I already had the required qualifications to start at level 4, as a mature student, I thought this would be a good idea, worst decision ever made and to also attend GSM(biggest mistake 2)

I was studying human resources with management(mistake 3). I was not happy with my degree subject or modules, and I was thinking of switching my degree before this fiasco occurred, I was not confident if I would be able to switch and also i decided that I now want to study Mental health nursing, as I have worked in the MH sector for last 5 years, and I have more interest in that field as well.

Before I started Uni, I was working full-time, I then switched to part time to enable my studies.

I am so depressed at the moment as I write this, I contacted SF, and they advised they can only provide 2 more years of funding, and as MH nursing is not allowing me to join at level 4, I am stuck, I am essentially at a wits end, on what to do, my job will not allow me to return full time, and I do not particularly want to study HR management again at another university at level 5.

It seems as if I messed up my life.

There is no way I can fund my studies for a year.
And I do want to continue on my chosen pathway of HR.
Essentially I have wasted two years.

Any advice or tips on what I can do if anything to salvage this mess, would be much appreciated, thanks in advance, sorry for long post
Still waiting, could anyone offer any advice please...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (180)
12.78%
Excited (116)
8.24%
Worried (264)
18.75%
Terrified (328)
23.3%
Meh (113)
8.03%
Confused (33)
2.34%