Gio Rio RHT Stockings Watch

Latin lady
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have recently bought several pairs of these stockings for out of work wear.
They are lovely stockings, but seem to have one problem they are always wrinkling.
I have even adjusted my suspenders to compensate but to no avail. And I wear six strap belts.
I was wondering if any Gio Rio RHT stocking wearer's out there are having the same problems as me?
If so how did you rectify the problem?
Thankyou.
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I really don’t think you can do too much to avoid this from happening apart from not moving!! They do look lovely on but the lack of Lycra is always an issue when it comes to keep them in place. It’s even worse with FFS as the seam can twist around. I’ve bought various sizes and tried adjusting the length of suspender straps but haven’t found a way of avoiding this from happening. Personally, I rarely ever wear nylon stockings and if I want something fancy/fun, tend to go for the coloured range from What Katie Did.
Latin lady
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bex94)
I really don’t think you can do too much to avoid this from happening apart from not moving!! They do look lovely on but the lack of Lycra is always an issue when it comes to keep them in place. It’s even worse with FFS as the seam can twist around. I’ve bought various sizes and tried adjusting the length of suspender straps but haven’t found a way of avoiding this from happening. Personally, I rarely ever wear nylon stockings and if I want something fancy/fun, tend to go for the coloured range from What Katie Did.
Thanks Bex.
It's so frustrating I really love the stockings!!!
Like you I have tried everything. I tend to have my suspenders adjusted to enable me to wear my stockings quite high up the leg, as the thought of flashing my stocking tops mortifies me. My dresses/ skirts are worn above the knee. In your opinion are there any other nice nylon type stockings around that dont wrinkle other than the Gio brand.
Bex94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Latin lady)
Thanks Bex.
It's so frustrating I really love the stockings!!!
Like you I have tried everything. I tend to have my suspenders adjusted to enable me to wear my stockings quite high up the leg, as the thought of flashing my stocking tops mortifies me. My dresses/ skirts are worn above the knee. In your opinion are there any other nice nylon type stockings around that dont wrinkle other than the Gio brand.
Hi

I’ve only really had Gio and some Cervins but they were really expensive and made no difference. I did have a pair called something like Bas Clio that my mum picked up for me from a charity shop and they seemed ok actually but then laddered the first time I wore them so I doubt that’s much help!
Latin lady
Rep:
?
Thanks Bex.
I haven't tried any of the Cervin ones, might be worth trying what do you think?
You seem to know alot about stockings are you a regular wearer? I am, I thought we were very much in the minority.
Bex94
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Latin lady)
Thanks Bex.
I haven't tried any of the Cervin ones, might be worth trying what do you think?
You seem to know alot about stockings are you a regular wearer? I am, I thought we were very much in the minority.
I personally wouldn’t buy any. They’ve very expensive and won’t be any different to the Gios imho.

I’ve worn stockings very regularly. I hated tights when I was little and once I found that stockings existed, I’ve never looked back.
Latin lady
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bex94)
I personally wouldn’t buy any. They’ve very expensive and won’t be any different to the Gios imho.

I’ve worn stockings very regularly. I hated tights when I was little and once I found that stockings existed, I’ve never looked back.
Thanks Bex.
I will take your advice on those stockings.
Many years ago I wore tights 24/7.
Then for medical reasons which I wont go into on an open forum, I switched to stockings, like you I have never looked back.
Trolley Dolly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I have been following this thread with much interest.
Outside of work I wear these stockings nearly all the time.
I must agree though with some of the posts, they are prone to wrinkling. There is not alot you can do about it as they are manufactured without lycra they are based on the 1950's nylon stockings.
Like alot of people I tried everything , I adjusted the length of my suspenders, I even invested in an 8, strap belt thinking the additional suspenders would help, but to no avail.
I think you just have to accept they are going to wrinkle if you are going to wear them.
I must say though over a period of time you do forget about it.
To date I have had no comments one way or the other, so maybe it is not as noticeable as we think.
By the way Bex 94, i have read some of your posts on stockings and suspenders, in my opinion your comments and observations are spot on. Keep up the good work .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.36%
Excited (160)
9.2%
Worried (308)
17.71%
Terrified (385)
22.14%
Meh (178)
10.24%
Confused (37)
2.13%
Putting on a brave face (241)
13.86%
Impatient (215)
12.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise