Memory Help Wanted (I'm getting desperate here)... Watch

solo_writer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It's in the title really, I am in need of ways to remember things and revision methods. I willing to give anything a go because I know I need to find a way to learn things soon.
For some context: I had never done any proper revision before year 10 and even then it has been intermittant. I'm lucky because I can usually work things out easily- hence why maths has never been a problem and niether was science until tests became mostly recall. Some things I have tried: quizlet- getting 100% on learn mode for a topic (the following day I couldn't recall anything, absolutely nothing); flash cards (I have yet to actually remember what I tested with my friends right in an exam); mind-maps with specific shapes (eg. red arrows) around important text (in the exam I can only recall the arrows, not the text); kerboodle interactive activies; seneca; and trusty practice questions (which I find useful).
If anyone has any other methods please let me know!

Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You only really need practice questions - and just as you said, they actually work, because they're the most similar thing to the exam. Maybe get into a habit of testing yourself a month or more after you learn something so that it becomes long-term memory. This was something my maths teacher back in GCSE tried to do and I think it kind of worked
solo_writer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'll keep going with the practice questions then! I'll try and do the memory recall testing to try and move things into my long term memory. Thank you so much for your reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (111)
14.05%
Excited (76)
9.62%
Worried (151)
19.11%
Terrified (182)
23.04%
Meh (51)
6.46%
Confused (22)
2.78%