Please read!!! Advice would be appreciated... Watch

ABCBAA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi!
For people currently taking GCSE Economics or A Level Economics, I have a big favour to ask...

When revising for my GCSE Economics exam, I found it quite challenging to find resources as it's quite a niche subject for GCSE. Therefore, I'm currently planning to write an online Economics study guide - it'll be by a student for students.

It's mainly aimed at GCSE students or A-Level students who want to read a little into the subject before they start lessons.

This study guide will be different as instead of just explaining content, every section will start off with an interview or a topical newspaper article. From there, I'll explain the theory, putting it into the context of that article/interview.

Before I do start though, I just wanted to gauge overall interest in something like this - is this something you could potentially be interested in? If so, please reply! Please suggest any specific things you think would make the guide more helpful.

If you can, please spread this message to anyone who's doing GCSE Economics or starting A Level Economics - I'd really appreciate the feedback!
chibibotto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, I would be interested in this!

From September I'll be starting A Level Economics and, having never studied the subject prior to this, I think your study guide would be really helpful.

I do not know much about studying Economics despite attending a few different sixth form taster days (they weren't very insightful) so I would really appreciate this!
ABCBAA
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by chibibotto)
Yes, I would be interested in this!

From September I'll be starting A Level Economics and, having never studied the subject prior to this, I think your study guide would be really helpful.

I do not know much about studying Economics despite attending a few different sixth form taster days (they weren't very insightful) so I would really appreciate this!
Hi chibibotto, thanks for your reply! It'll be an uphill struggle to get it done by September - it might be a case of me updating the guide with content as I finish it, so people aren't kept waiting as long. It's good to hear you're interested in it - the main reason I'm doing it is because I know so many people who haven't chosen A Level Economics because they don't know much about it - hopefully raising interest in the subject would get more people doing it... It's an excellent subject - you'll really enjoy next year!!

If there are any other people you know doing A Level economics, please get them to comment in this forum!
nightloc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
this is such a cool idea! i think it’ll definitely help people who are starting the subject either @ gcse or a level (me)
mjhmichael18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am hoping to start doing Economics A-Level in September but I don’t know which exam board just yet so I can’t look at any specifications or past papers or buy any revision guides or do any revision yet. I have heard it is good to read the book Freakonomics before you start the course. I hope it is on amazon or in a WHSmith or in a Waterstones as that is how I will be getting it. I am happy to read it in my free time after I have got it to help me get a high grade in the course. I don’t think I am going to get higher than a C anyway because there are quite a few essays in it and I struggle with Essay Writing. I would also be interested in this.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 2 months ago
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mjhmichael18)
I am hoping to start doing Economics A-Level in September but I don’t know which exam board just yet so I can’t look at any specifications or past papers or buy any revision guides or do any revision yet. I have heard it is good to read the book Freakonomics before you start the course. I hope it is on amazon or in a WHSmith or in a Waterstones as that is how I will be getting it. I am happy to read it in my free time after I have got it to help me get a high grade in the course. I don’t think I am going to get higher than a C anyway because there are quite a few essays in it and I struggle with Essay Writing. I would also be interested in this.
Freakonomics is defo a good book to read and I recommend Ha Joon Chang's Economics: A User's Guide as well. In terms of economic resources, I recommend UpLearn (you'll have to pay for a subscription to this unless entitled to FSM, you're school partners with IntoUniversity or The Access Project) and PhysicsMathsTutor notes which are done to a high standard for all exam boards. In terms of revision guide, I would avoid the CGP economics revision guide as it's mostly waffle and doesn't cut straight to the point from my experience and I never really used that specific revision guide which the school loaned to me at the start of my course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads