The Student Room Group

worried about results day...

I've been feeling very nervous for results day and can't stop thinking about what my friends and teachers will think of me if I end up failing some of my GCSE's (mostly worried about maths as I didn't perform as well as I should have). I feel like once they find out about my results they would laugh at me and probably not want to be friends with me anymore, and the teachers would make fun of me to the future students they would be teaching for being one of the only ones who failed their classDoes anyone have any advice on how to stop caring so much what others will think about my results? 😓
Original post by randomuser78
I've been feeling very nervous for results day and can't stop thinking about what my friends and teachers will think of me if I end up failing some of my GCSE's (mostly worried about maths as I didn't perform as well as I should have). I feel like once they find out about my results they would laugh at me and probably not want to be friends with me anymore, and the teachers would make fun of me to the future students they would be teaching for being one of the only ones who failed their classDoes anyone have any advice on how to stop caring so much what others will think about my results? 😓

I’m worried about results day too so I know how you’re feeling but what I’m doing is trying to distract myself so I don’t have time to worry about it. Maybe take up a new hobby or hang out with friends, do anything that you enjoy to distract yourself.
And it’ll be most likely that on results day no one will laugh at you or make fun of you because your teachers will be there to support the students and your friends will be worried about their own results rather than yours. And if you do get a bad grade (which you shouldn’t worry about since we don’t know the grade boundaries yet or how the rest of the country performed) and your friends do make fun of you, they’re bad friends and you can make new, more respectful friends in college/sixth form.
bruh if your friends laugh at your grades then they’re probably not good friends.

but either way, it’s totally okay to be worried and you could have done far better than you thought.
If the only reason your grades would upset you is because you're worried about what other people think, and not because they affect your sixth form entry/employment, then they can't really be that bad. Teachers have sent hundreds of kids through GCSEs and A Levels and will soon forget. The only thing that matters is the way you feel!

Good luck and don't worry too much, enjoy your summer.
Honestly, the minute you start sixth form/college, you'll realise how completely trivial GCSE's were. As soon as I got my GCSE results, I was like "OK cool, moving on lmao". So long as you get the grades that you need to study your desired alevels, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. None of your friends are really gonna care what grades you got, because they're not you and it doesn't affect them. Try not to stress about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest