randomuser78
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been feeling very nervous for results day and can't stop thinking about what my friends and teachers will think of me if I end up failing some of my GCSE's (mostly worried about maths as I didn't perform as well as I should have).

I feel like once they find out about my results they would laugh at me and probably not want to be friends with me anymore, and the teachers would make fun of me to the future students they would be teaching for being one of the only ones who failed their class

Does anyone have any advice on how to stop caring so much what others will think about my results?
IyadAKK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Everyone is nervous for results day, when I went to my results day I saw people crying and people jumping in joy.

If you HAVE worked hard and put the effort in then walk in there with the mindset that you've done everything you could of have done. Get a good nights sleep the day before as I presume you'd be going to sixth forms and need to make some pretty big decisions.

Keep in mind that if you do fail GCSE's there are many opportunities, like retaking GCSE's, going into college then uni etc.. don't think that you're done for if you fail.

Also please for the love of god stay off social media it'll just make you more stressed, talking about results is the last thing you'll wanna do.

Good luck
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
your friends aren't true friends if they're willing to drop you because you get poor results; and the vast majority of people aren't like that. you don't have to share your results with others if you wish on the day.
teachers are highly unlikely to do that also, that'd be unprofessional and there'll be people with varying degrees of gcse grades in the a level classes most likely.
gcses aren't the end of the world and there's very few people who feel good about results day but it's out of your power now. there's nothing you can do to change what'll happen on results day and you'll probably do better than you think.
try distracting yourself by going out with friends and just talking with people about non gcse stuff; if things don't go as planned your teachers'll be there to help on results day and offer guidance.
irfandreams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
your friends aren't true friends if they're willing to drop you because you get poor results; and the vast majority of people aren't like that. you don't have to share your results with others if you wish on the day.
teachers are highly unlikely to do that also, that'd be unprofessional and there'll be people with varying degrees of gcse grades in the a level classes most likely.
gcses aren't the end of the world and there's very few people who feel good about results day but it's out of your power now. there's nothing you can do to change what'll happen on results day and you'll probably do better than you think.
try distracting yourself by going out with friends and just talking with people about non gcse stuff; if things don't go as planned your teachers'll be there to help on results day and offer guidance.
I get how he feels I just have a C in maths I'm hoping to pass my English and finally be allowed to do level 3 business. What do you do if you don't have any friends to go out with I've just been watching films I tried studying but can't when I do all I think about is English I don't sleep much either and look after my grandpa who has Damentia I watch EastEnders them talking about results day hasn't helped. I'm not trying to bring negativity here I'm hoping everyone does well I didn't perform well on my GCSEs I only left with a C in maths I'm hoping to get a C or higher in English I'm 19 I have health and social care lvl 2 Distinction and level 2 business D* I did early years after health and social care I hated it. But yes I've spoke to some friends about it who r re siting it they got DDD which is eqvialent to AAA her uni place she only gets if she gets her maths. I hope I'm making sense I'm a tad stressed typing this I'm prob over thinking stuff I feel i won't be considered for uni cuz I'll only got English hopefully waiting on results day then I have maths and eqvialent GCSES If they even count (rolls eyes) I thought it I got DDD so AAA or D*D*D* so A*A*A* uni would consider me for law or marketing I'm just trying to stay positive.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by irfandreams)
I get how he feels I just have a C in maths I'm hoping to pass my English and finally be allowed to do level 3 business. What do you do if you don't have any friends to go out with I've just been watching films I tried studying but can't when I do all I think about is English I don't sleep much either and look after my grandpa who has Damentia I watch EastEnders them talking about results day hasn't helped. I'm not trying to bring negativity here I'm hoping everyone does well I didn't perform well on my GCSEs I only left with a C in maths I'm hoping to get a C or higher in English I'm 19 I have health and social care lvl 2 Distinction and level 2 business D* I did early years after health and social care I hated it. But yes I've spoke to some friends about it who r re siting it they got DDD which is eqvialent to AAA her uni place she only gets if she gets her maths. I hope I'm making sense I'm a tad stressed typing this I'm prob over thinking stuff I feel i won't be considered for uni cuz I'll only got English hopefully waiting on results day then I have maths and eqvialent GCSES If they even count (rolls eyes) I thought it I got DDD so AAA or D*D*D* so A*A*A* uni would consider me for law or marketing I'm just trying to stay positive.
friends i find the best distraction; how come you don't go out with any of them?
irfandreams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
friends i find the best distraction; how come you don't go out with any of them?
My friends are lazy so can't sadly don't have a big group of mates. I hope it helps others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.2%
I'm not sure (32)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (234)
31.2%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.93%

Watched Threads