The Student Room Group

Partial circumcision, painful inflamed frenulum when erect?

I'm only 17 and had an operation for a partial circumcision around 16 days ago. They cut it so that the foreskin covers about half of the head of my penis and it has started to cause me some discomfort when being erect.

I have at least one erection per night and when I wake up in the morning and my 'morning glory' has calmed down, my frenulum is very red and incredibly sensitive. It becomes so inflamed that it prevents my foreskin from being returned to its original position without me having to intervene and do it manually.

Sometimes it returns to the original placement with little resistance or pain. Other times, I have to run a bath and let the frenulum tissue relax and then I will be able to return it to its original position. However this tends to cause moderate amounts of pain and discomfort.

Due to this, I have been waking up multiple times in the night due in rubbing against my quilt or my boxers (I toss and turn a lot when I'm asleep).

I'm wondering whether this is normal or if anyone has had any experience with this either? Does it tend to occur less or outright stop the further along the healing process you are? Or is an appointment with my GP needed to amend this?

Update: I went to the GP and they said it was over granulation tissue. Basically, they said my wound is over-healing, so I’m going to have another appt done to remove the extra tissue.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hm. I'd recommend popping along to your Dr to discuss this. It might just be part of the healing process but you should always double check these things.

Quick Reply

Latest