A-level chemistry Watch

goldfvnch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Crapaud8)
It was the same for me but that changed in year 13 (not as much as 60-90, not like 70-80 But i found the difficulty swapped over from physics to chem).
Yeah I feel like physics is a shock initially in terms of how difficult it is, but once you get the hang of the question formats you improve a lot. Chemistry starts off relatively easy but it gets progressively harder.
Crapaud8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Scorkin123)
Honestly a level chemistry is sooo bad. Its so hard and so much to remember compared to other courses in my opinion, if you're dedicated to put in a lot of effort and every night use flashcards and all of the other things then yeah you should. I think it's a thing you have to be very interested or motivated in, I seen a lot people not feel like that especially with so many new friends and so much more to do compared to being in school. Don't get me wrong all course require a lot of work a lot more than any at GCSE but chemsitry at a level is a very big jump and a very hard course. But as long as you're motivated and can handle a lot or work and sometimes accept and learn things with out proper explanation then chemsitry could be for you. I advise you have a large think and look if it's necessary to your course at uni if it's not 100% necessary then avoid it if it is necessary then prepare for a couple of years of hard work if you keep on top of it it'll be fine if you don't it'll be a couple years of hell for you
I enjoyed it at GCSE and it wasn't fully required for the course I wanted to take at the time (engineering) but still took it. I don't regret my decision as I still found it really interesting and rewarding even if it was a lot of hard work. I need it even less now as I'm going to study economics but I still don't regret taking it.
I think it depends how much you enjoyed it at GCSE and if you're willing to put in the extra work but don't rule it out straight away if you don't 100% need it.
Crapaud8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by goldfvnch)
Yeah I feel like physics is a shock initially in terms of how difficult it is, but once you get the hang of the question formats you improve a lot. Chemistry starts off relatively easy but it gets progressively harder.
Agreed, if you do maths a-level then the physics gets easier as you become more confident in maths.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
chemistry is the best and most enjoyable a level
fh2712
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by deathnote123)
I would recommend learning from chemrevise, Full edition CGP book only and closer to exams use flashcards from alevelchemistryrevision .co.uk, also it's best not to overload yourself with different books as when it comes to things like Inorganic colours and Organic reagents it's so difficult to figure out what is true as different books say different things, I feel like I failed first time doing this as I was so scared with how hard the new spec was.
And youtube channels, either mrerintoul or allerychemistry and a subscription with Tailored Tutors right from the beginning of the year
Hi, thank you so much for your help, also please don't feel bad about yourself for failing first time. Honestly, the amount of people that I have met that have retaken is crazy. A-levels are extremely difficult and the fact that you decided to not give up and try again really shows just how dedicated you are. I'm always telling people the students that get the best grades aren't necessarily the best students as most of the time they are very stuck up and ignorant. However, I've genuinely realised the students that retake are the ones that are very dedicated and truly want the best for others. Saying that I hope you get the best grades possible and become what you really want in life because people like you that help people with all their heart really deserve the best. Thank you so much for your advice.
Khushi.S
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Scorkin123)
Honestly a level chemistry is sooo bad. Its so hard and so much to remember compared to other courses in my opinion, if you're dedicated to put in a lot of effort and every night use flashcards and all of the other things then yeah you should. I think it's a thing you have to be very interested or motivated in, I seen a lot people not feel like that especially with so many new friends and so much more to do compared to being in school. Don't get me wrong all course require a lot of work a lot more than any at GCSE but chemsitry at a level is a very big jump and a very hard course. But as long as you're motivated and can handle a lot or work and sometimes accept and learn things with out proper explanation then chemsitry could be for you. I advise you have a large think and look if it's necessary to your course at uni if it's not 100% necessary then avoid it if it is necessary then prepare for a couple of years of hard work if you keep on top of it it'll be fine if you don't it'll be a couple years of hell for you
The most exact description of a level chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (68)
17.35%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
63.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.1%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.54%

Watched Threads