The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer - July 2019 Applications

It looks like we are not going to hear the outcome of the applications near future! :s-smilie:

Few minutes ago I received the following update from the Government Recruitment Service.

I applied for Gatwick and Heathrow both. The communication is for the Heathrow application.

Email Details: Update

Date Received:8th August 2019From:[email protected] afternoon,

I am writing to you in regards to your recent application to join Border Force. We would like to thank you for your interest in these exciting roles and your patience whilst we review all applications that have been submitted. We are planning interviews in the near future and will contact you as soon as this information is available.

Kind regards

Government Recruitment Service

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had the same reply
Reply 2
Original post by Rhoden
I had the same reply

Me too
I am already in civil service. I spoke with one of my SEO who is experienced in recruiting. He said our department has outsourced the sifting process to a private company when we were running last recruitment. I assume BF is doing the same.
Reply 4
Oh right ok that might be why there is a slight delay, thank you
Hi, Ive just submitted my application for a BFO at Stansted. The closing date for this post is the 30th August . And they have a date set for interviews in September. I don't know if anyone one else has applied for Stansted on here?
I've applied for Edinburgh or Glasgow. Rather exciting but all the threads about how long it can take, if ever, are a bit of a downer!
Hey, so we're post closing date which was the 30th and into the paper sift. I've similarly applied for Glasgow and Edinburgh as 1st and 2nd choice, stating I'd also consider other postings. Are we all still awaiting initial responses and hoping for an interview date?
Morning Smithy, my status still sayers application being reviewed. I started this process with such high hopes, but now realise that there is no time scale. I have started to apply for other jobs.
Hi FiFi. Yeah I seem get the impression that things go pretty slow. I'm sure they'll be in a bit more of a rush this time with Brexit etc. Seems to be a large number of officers and Apprentices they're looking for so fingers crossed things go relatively quickly compared to previous applicants. My status is the same as yours, under review.
Reply 10
Hi Just let you know I had my interview come through today so must be working way through
Reply 11
Original post by NW100
Me too

Hi Just let you know I had my interview come through today so must be working way through
Original post by Rhoden

I got mine too for Heathrow. Interview scheduled. Time to worry about interview process now. 😁
Are they interviewing only at Thistle Hotel - Heathrow?
I am from Devon. Long way to go!
Reply 13
Original post by Trilobite1981
I got mine too for Heathrow. Interview scheduled. Time to worry about interview process now. 😁

I applied for Heathrow too but I applied in August, I haven’t heard anything - may I ask when you applied?
Original post by Aimsj
I applied for Heathrow too but I applied in August, I haven’t heard anything - may I ask when you applied?

My application closing date was 15th of July. i think you applied for the 30th August one. I assume you need to wait until end Oct to hear something back. Good luck.
Reply 15
Original post by Trilobite1981

Yes I think so what day and time I'm going 26 at 14
Original post by Rhoden
Yes I think so what day and time I'm going 26 at 14

I'm going on 4th (last day). A senior manager offered me to help with a mock interview but he is not available for next 2 weeks. So I had to push my date to the end.
Original post by lili4648
Hey, if you have an interview coming up soon, Jobleau.com has a free catalogue of over 2000 practice interview questions for 17 industries.

Thank you very much! I am very grateful. Didn't know where to look for. 😃
Reply 18
Original post by Aimsj

I applied in July
Reply 19
O

Original post by lili4648
Hey, if you have an interview coming up soon, Jobleau.com has a free catalogue of over 2000 practice interview questions for 17 industries.

Thanks for info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending