The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer - July 2019 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mjabarkhyl16
What was your overall rating?

Overall rating: Good Demonstration (5)

It says "You’ve reached the required standard but we’re unable to offer you a job immediately."

Do you know whether they have already offered the job in merit base? ie. 6 & 7
Original post by Trilobite1981
Overall rating: Good Demonstration (5)

It says "You’ve reached the required standard but we’re unable to offer you a job immediately."

Do you know whether they have already offered the job in merit base? ie. 6 & 7

Well I’ve scored acceptable demonstration (4) and they’ve rejected mine. Such a piss take and yes its merit based, so whoever scored the highest would have got the job first. Anyways mate congratulations and good luck...
I have scored acceptable demonstrations overall, but have been unsuccessful. This is so unfair. The first behaviour question was about making an “effective decision” but now they marked me on “working together” thats a clear deception. I am so disheartened.

I don't get it. You are not unsuccessful! Your overall marking is Acceptable Demonstration.
In my case I got 4 & 5 for the behavioural questions but didnt the strength based questions are only 17.
I don't get it. You are not unsuccessful! Your overall marking is Acceptable Demonstration.
In my case I got 4 & 5 for the behavioural questions but didnt the strength based questions are only 17.

Exactly mate am so disheartened, look what i got.. Overall 1 mark less than you.

4607A181-060A-4C41-B786-D16322095812.jpeg
Exactly mate am so disheartened, look what i got.. Overall 1 mark less than you.

Oh, I just got it. What a shame, have you appliied for other places as well? Anymore interviews to be offered? Anyway, I dont have big hopes.
Oh, I just got it. What a shame, have you appliied for other places as well? Anymore interviews to be offered? Anyway, I dont have big hopes.

Sorry to ask mate but what did you score in the online tests and the personal statement? And nope this was the only interview loool
Sorry to ask mate but what did you score in the online tests and the personal statement? And nope this was the only interview loool

No problem dude, Verbal Reasoning Test 78% and Civil Service Judgement Test 73%.
I have heard everyone who makes the benchmark goes into the reserve list until they decide how many they need etc.....so fingers crossed eh 🤞
So I just received an email saying my application has been withdrawn as I didnt attend interview!! I went to the interview last Tuesday and sadly there’s no phone number so I have sent an email and now I just have to wait.. has this happened to anyone else???
Original post by Stephread
So I just received an email saying my application has been withdrawn as I didnt attend interview!! I went to the interview last Tuesday and sadly there’s no phone number so I have sent an email and now I just have to wait.. has this happened to anyone else???

That's so weird!! 😱

Try sending an email to this [email protected]
Received an update today regarding the behaviours marked in the portal. Hope everybody else received the same.

Good afternoon,

Following the release of your interview results, we have identified that the scores are showing against Behaviours not assessed at interview. This is due to an error in the system.

Please note that your scores and outcome are correct.

We are currently working with our IT team to find a solution to correct the issue.

"Working Together" should be "Making Effective Decisions"
"Communicating and Influencing" should be "Managing a Quality Service"

Kind regards
Government Recruitment Team
Reply 71
Hi all,

Similar to a few on this forum I received the 'Your application has met the required standard. We will keep your application on hold for 12 months, and we will contact you as and when further opportunities for your location arise.' message.

I applied to Heathrow and Gatwick. No sign of an interview, and reading from others' score I can see why. I got overall 4, moderate demonstration.

I'm guessing these centres are the most popularly subscribed and hence the backlog.

I can't remember if I applied for Stanstead, does anyone know if there's a way to check which locations you applied for?
Original post by Ohms1
Hi all,

Similar to a few on this forum I received the 'Your application has met the required standard. We will keep your application on hold for 12 months, and we will contact you as and when further opportunities for your location arise.' message.

I applied to Heathrow and Gatwick. No sign of an interview, and reading from others' score I can see why. I got overall 4, moderate demonstration.

I'm guessing these centres are the most popularly subscribed and hence the backlog.

I can't remember if I applied for Stanstead, does anyone know if there's a way to check which locations you applied for?

Have you had your Heathrow interview?
That's so weird!! 😱

Try sending an email to this [email protected]

Isnt it!! I have sent an email so hopefully someone gets back to me soon and this doesnt mess it up for me! Stress!

Thanks for your help though!
Reply 74

Have you had your Heathrow interview?

Hi Trilobite

When I log in there's no detail regarding location. This seems odd, could be that I only applied for one location but I'm sure I selected a couple.

Is there a tab or drop-down that you can check locations?

I haven't had any invite to interview, yourself?
Original post by Ohms1
Hi Trilobite

When I log in there's no detail regarding location. This seems odd, could be that I only applied for one location but I'm sure I selected a couple.

Is there a tab or drop-down that you can check locations?

I haven't had any invite to interview, yourself?

I've applied for Heathrow and Gatwick. Only interview I received is for Heathrow. I've been to the interview and shortlisted.

I think if you have applied for Stansted there should be a separate application for that location (as same as you would have one for Heathrow and one for Gatwick). Otherwise the location should have appeared under Preferred location. Please see below bold italic texts.

Preferred location

Your first choice of work location
Bristol
Your second choice of work location
Cardiff
Your third choice of work location
Hounslow
Further location preferences
Reply 76
I've applied for Heathrow and Gatwick. Only interview I received is for Heathrow. I've been to the interview and shortlisted.

I think if you have applied for Stansted there should be a separate application for that location (as same as you would have one for Heathrow and one for Gatwick). Otherwise the location should have appeared under Preferred location. Please see below bold italic texts.

Preferred location

Bristol
Cardiff
Hounslow

Ah ok, if you made separate applications for each location then I must have only applied for the one location, as I only made one application.

Well done on getting beyond interview! I think there's some truth to what a forum member said earlier, recruitment for this is closely linked to Brexit.

How long was your interview if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Ohms1
Ah ok, if you made separate applications for each location then I must have only applied for the one location, as I only made one application.

Well done on getting beyond interview! I think there's some truth to what a forum member said earlier, recruitment for this is closely linked to Brexit.

How long was your interview if you don't mind me asking?

I had my interview Friday the 4th and received the outcome Monday 7th. I think that was very quick.
Reply 78

Preferred location

Bristol
Cardiff
Hounslow

Hi just a quick one, what does reserve list mean ?
Hi, got an email, currently on the reserved list. Scored 5 & 6 & 19. Anyone got any idea how soon they can pick up again from the reserve list? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending